Weather Forecast Today - Bolton - Friday 24th March 2017
Great news. It is going to be sunny weather in Bolton today. The maximum temperature is going to be about 13° C (but it will feel like 11° C due to the wind chill factor).
There is a slight chance of it pouring down today (roughly a 0% likelihood). The humidity level today will be roughly 49%.
The UV Index is 3 (moderate). Suncream is necessary. Stay in the shade at midday when the sun is strongest
The visibility today will be good. You should be able to see places as far as 10 to 20 km away (6.2 to 12.4 miles). Wind speed (noon) is estimated at 9 mph (gentle breeze). It will be blowing east north east.
Weather Forecast Tonight - Bolton - Friday 24th March 2017
It is going to be clear weather in Bolton tonight. The minimum temperature is going to be 2° C (but it is going to feel like 0° C).
There is only a small chance of rain tonight (0 percent to be precise). Humidity will be around 74 %.
The wind speed tonight will be approximately 2 mph (light air), blowing north east.
Weather Forecast Tomorrow - Bolton - Saturday 25th March 2017
Great news. It is going to be sunny weather in Bolton tomorrow. Peak daytime temperature should be approximately 15° C (it will feel like 13° C).
There is only a small chance of rain tomorrow (0% to be precise). The humidity level tomorrow will be roughly 44%.
The UV Index should be around 3 (moderate). If you are spending time outside you should wear suncream and stay in the shade around midday.
The visibility tomorrow will be good. You should be able to see places as far as 10 to 20 km away (6.2 to 12.4 miles). The wind speed tomorrow at noon is forecast to be 2 mph (light air). The wind direction will be east south east.
5 Day Forecast For Bolton
A 5-day weather forecast for Bolton is shown in the table below.
Day Max Temp (° C)
Night Min Temp (° C)
Chance of Rain (%)
Wind Speed (mph)
Friday 24th March - Day
Friday 24th March - Night
Saturday 25th March - Day
Saturday 25th March - Night
Sunday 26th March - Day
Sunday 26th March - Night
Monday 27th March - Day
Monday 27th March - Night
Tuesday 28th March - Day
Tuesday 28th March - Night
Forecast - Location Details
The weather forecast for Bolton is based on data provided by the Met Office for the location shown on the map below. The weather in other areas of Bolton may vary slightly.
Things To Do And Places To Visit In Bolton Today
Based on the weather forecast for today, Friday 24th March 2017, outdoor activities will probably be most appropriate.
This is because the Met Office forecasts that at noon today in Bolton it will be sunny with only a 0% (low) chance of rain.
Suitable outdoor attractions, things to do, places to visit, and activities in and around Bolton are listed below:
- Rivington Pike - High spot in Rivington, between Bolton and Chorley. Offers great views.
- Go Ape – Rivington - Tree top adventure course in Rivington.
- Lower Rivington Reservoir - Reservoir between Chorley and Bolton.
- Rivington Terraced Gardens - Gardens commissioned by Lord Leverhulme boasting plenty of interesting features.
- Rivington Hall Barn - Historic barn. Starting point for many walks.
- Liverpool Castle - Scaled replica of Merseyside’s thirteenth century castle.
- Jumbles Country Park - Country park in the Bradshaw Valley, Bolton, set around the Jumbles Reservoir.
- Moses Gate Country Park - Large country park in Bolton with lakes, a good playground, canals, woods, and a nature reserve.
- Turton and Entwistle Reservoir - Beautiful reservoir near Edgworth.
- Queens Park - Large park near Bolton town centre with great playground, lake, and woodland.
- Firwood Fold -
- Moss Bank Park - Features a funfair, miniature railway, two playgrounds, tennis courts, bowling greens, and more.
- Lever Park - Country park between Bolton and Chorley.
- Barrow Bridge Village - Picturesque model village in Bolton, built during the Industrial Revolution to house mill workers.
Historical Weather Data
Weather data is provided by the Met Office. Unfortunately, they do not currently have historical data for Bolton. The nearest Met Office climate station to Bolton with a complete set of historical data is Rochdale, approximately 10 miles from Bolton.
In the winter (December to March) the average maximum temperature is 6.7 °C (slightly warmer than the UK average of 6.6 °C but colder than the England average of 7.1 °C). The average minimum temperature is 1.1 °C. February is the coldest month of the year with an average minimum temperature of 1°C.
The warmest month is July with an average maximum temperature of 19.7 °C. In the summer months (June, July and August) the average maximum temperature is 19 °C, colder than the average for England (20.1 °C), but warmer than the UK average (18.6 °C).
The wettest months are October, November, December, and January. Average rainfall in a year is 1,118.6 mm, significantly higher than the average recorded in England (854.8 mm), but slightly lower than the UK average (1,154 mm).
The sunniest part of the year is the period from April to September. December is the darkest month with just 31.5 hours of sunshine.
Bolton (Rochdale) – Weather Averages 1981 – 2010
|Month||Rochdale Average Maximum Temperature (°C)||Rochdale Average Minimum Temperature (°C)||Rochdale Average Sunshine Hours||Rochdale Average Rainfall (mm)|
|Annual Average / Total||12.7||5.8||1,212.4||1,118.6|
England – Weather Averages 1981 – 2010
|Month||England Average Maximum Temperature (°C)||England Average Minimum Temperature (°C)||England Average Sunshine Hours||England Average Rainfall (mm)|
UK – Weather Averages 1981 – 2010
|Month||UK Average Maximum Temperature (°C)||UK Average Minimum Temperature (°C)||UK Average Sunshine Hours||UK Average Rainfall (mm)|