Weather Forecast Today - Bolton - Saturday 29th April 2017
Cloudy weather is anticipated. The maximum temperature is going to be about 13° C (but it will feel like 10° C due to the wind chill factor).
The odds of rain today are low (around a 8% chance). The humidity level today will be roughly 54%.
The UV Index today is 4 (moderate). Sun protection is recommended. You should stay in the shade at midday.
The visibility level today is expected to be very good. From a good vantage point you should be able to see for 20 to 40 km (12.4 to 24.9 miles). The wind speed today (noon) will be approximately 7 mph (light breeze), blowing south.
Weather Forecast Tonight - Bolton - Saturday 29th April 2017
It will be cloudy in Bolton tonight. The minimum temperature is going to be 9° C (but it is going to feel like 6° C).
There is only a small chance of rain tonight (5 percent to be precise). Humidity will be around 67 %.
The wind speed tonight will be approximately 9 mph (gentle breeze), blowing east south east.
Weather Forecast Tomorrow - Bolton - Sunday 30th April 2017
It's grim up North. Expect cloudy weather in Bolton tomorrow. The maximum daytime temperature will be around 15° C (it will feel like 11° C).
There is only a small chance of rain tomorrow (7% to be precise). The humidity level tomorrow will be roughly 49%.
The UV Index is 5 (moderate). Suncream is necessary. Stay in the shade at midday when the sun is strongest
The visibility level tomorrow is expected to be very good. From a good vantage point you should be able to see for 20 to 40 km (12.4 to 24.9 miles). The wind speed at midday should be approximately 16 mph (moderate breeze), blowing east south east.
5 Day Forecast For Bolton
A 5-day weather forecast for Bolton is shown in the table below.
Day Max Temp (° C)
Night Min Temp (° C)
Chance of Rain (%)
Wind Speed (mph)
Saturday 29th April - Day
Saturday 29th April - Night
Sunday 30th April - Day
Sunday 30th April - Night
Monday 1st May - Day
Monday 1st May - Night
Tuesday 2nd May - Day
Tuesday 2nd May - Night
Wednesday 3rd May - Day
Wednesday 3rd May - Night
Forecast - Location Details
The weather forecast for Bolton is based on data provided by the Met Office for the location shown on the map below. The weather in other areas of Bolton may vary slightly.
Things To Do And Places To Visit In Bolton Today
Based on the weather forecast for today, Saturday 29th April 2017, outdoor activities will probably be most appropriate.
This is because the Met Office forecasts that at noon today in Bolton it will be cloudy with only a 8% (low) chance of rain.
Suitable outdoor attractions, things to do, places to visit, and activities in and around Bolton are listed below:
- Rivington Pike - High spot in Rivington, between Bolton and Chorley. Offers great views.
- Go Ape – Rivington - Tree top adventure course in Rivington.
- Lower Rivington Reservoir - Reservoir between Chorley and Bolton.
- Rivington Terraced Gardens - Gardens commissioned by Lord Leverhulme boasting plenty of interesting features.
- Rivington Hall Barn - Historic barn. Starting point for many walks.
- Liverpool Castle - Scaled replica of Merseyside’s thirteenth century castle.
- Jumbles Country Park - Country park in the Bradshaw Valley, Bolton, set around the Jumbles Reservoir.
- Moses Gate Country Park - Large country park in Bolton with lakes, a good playground, canals, woods, and a nature reserve.
- Turton and Entwistle Reservoir - Beautiful reservoir near Edgworth.
- Queens Park - Large park near Bolton town centre with great playground, lake, and woodland.
- Firwood Fold -
- Moss Bank Park - Features a funfair, miniature railway, two playgrounds, tennis courts, bowling greens, and more.
- Lever Park - Country park between Bolton and Chorley.
- Barrow Bridge Village - Picturesque model village in Bolton, built during the Industrial Revolution to house mill workers.
Historical Weather Data
Weather data is provided by the Met Office. Unfortunately, they do not currently have historical data for Bolton. The nearest Met Office climate station to Bolton with a complete set of historical data is Rochdale, approximately 10 miles from Bolton.
In the winter (December to March) the average maximum temperature is 6.7 °C (slightly warmer than the UK average of 6.6 °C but colder than the England average of 7.1 °C). The average minimum temperature is 1.1 °C. February is the coldest month of the year with an average minimum temperature of 1°C.
The warmest month is July with an average maximum temperature of 19.7 °C. In the summer months (June, July and August) the average maximum temperature is 19 °C, colder than the average for England (20.1 °C), but warmer than the UK average (18.6 °C).
The wettest months are October, November, December, and January. Average rainfall in a year is 1,118.6 mm, significantly higher than the average recorded in England (854.8 mm), but slightly lower than the UK average (1,154 mm).
The sunniest part of the year is the period from April to September. December is the darkest month with just 31.5 hours of sunshine.
Bolton (Rochdale) – Weather Averages 1981 – 2010
|Month||Rochdale Average Maximum Temperature (°C)||Rochdale Average Minimum Temperature (°C)||Rochdale Average Sunshine Hours||Rochdale Average Rainfall (mm)|
|Annual Average / Total||12.7||5.8||1,212.4||1,118.6|
England – Weather Averages 1981 – 2010
|Month||England Average Maximum Temperature (°C)||England Average Minimum Temperature (°C)||England Average Sunshine Hours||England Average Rainfall (mm)|
UK – Weather Averages 1981 – 2010
|Month||UK Average Maximum Temperature (°C)||UK Average Minimum Temperature (°C)||UK Average Sunshine Hours||UK Average Rainfall (mm)|