The Galleries Shopping Centre is located in the heart of Wigan town centre. It comprises The Galleries, the Makinson Arcade, and Marketgate; three unique areas connected by various walkways and squares.
The centre is home to around 60 independent and high street shops. The Galleries is the biggest area.
List of Shops
Shops and places to eat and drink at the Galleries Shopping Centre are:
- Baby Brucciani – Cafe.
- Beauty Spot Warehouse – Hair extensions and beauty products.
- Beaverbrooks – Jewellers.
- Betfred – Bookmakers.
- Beverly Hills Nails – Nail care, spray tanning etc.
- Bodycare – Health and beauty products.
- Bonmarche – Womenswear.
- Book-Cycle – Charity bookshop.
- Brucciani – Cafe.
- Card Factory – Greeting cards, wrapping, gifts, and party products.
- Cawley Jewellers
- Claire’s – Fashion accessories.
- Cloudstix – E-cigarettes.
- Country Larder – Cafe.
- Down Under Rugby Store – Rugby merchandise.
- Ernest Jones – Jewellery and watches.
- Games N More – Video games, consoles, model kits, vinyl records etc.
- Glamour Point – Fragrances and cosmetics.
- Greenwoods – Menswear.
- H&T Pawnbrokers
- H.Samuel – Jewellery.
- Health Rack – Health supplements, sports nutrition, aromatherapy products etc.
- Heron Foods – Grocery store.
- Home Bargains – Discount store.
- Mr Allan – Independent jewellery store.
- Niamh & Ruby’s – Designer clothes for babies and toddlers.
- Phone Zone – Mobile phones and accessories.
- Plan-it Party – Party planning.
- Poundbakery – Pies, pasties, sandwiches etc.
- Poundland – Discount store.
- Princess Nails
- Pringles Jewellers – Jewellery and watches.
- Q10 – Fashion.
- Realbuzz Wigan – Running and fitness store.
- Regis – Hair salon.
- Savers – Health, beauty, and home products.
- Scotts – Menswear.
- Select – Womenswear.
- Shoe Zone – Footwear.
- Simply Fashion
- Terry’s – Cards and gifts.
- The Jeweller’s Workbench – Jewellery and jewellery repairs.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland
- The Royal Perfumery – Designer fragrances.
- The Works – Books, stationery, toys and games, craft supplies etc.
- Thorntons – Confectionery.
- Three – Mobile phones.
- Time-Piece Watch Repairs
- Timpson – Shoe repairs, key cutting, engraving etc.
- Toffee Ron’s – Sweet shop.
- Toni&Guy – Hair salon.
- Uptown Diner – Cafe.
- Varanni – Footwear.
- Yours Clothing
Details were last checked on Tuesday 1st of August 2017.
Morrisons and Argos closed in 2016. The Peacocks store here closed in 2012 when the fashion chain went into administration. Clarks and New Look moved their Wigan stores to the Grand Arcade at the beginning of 2015.
Standard opening times are Monday to Saturday 9 am to 5.30 pm, and Sunday 11 am to 5 pm. Individual store hours may vary.
The centre boasts its own multi-storey car park with spaces for 625 vehicles. The entrance is situated on Mesnes Street (use the postcode WN1 1QP to find it with a satellite navigation system). Parking fees apply.
Galleries Shopping Centre
Address and postcode