A major extension in 2007 at Warrington’s Golden Square shopping centre saw the number of shops and floor space doubling.
The largest stores at Golden Square are Debenhams, Marks & Spencer, Bhs, and H&M. Others include:
- Books & Stationery – Waterstone’s, WH Smith
- Cameras & Photography – Jessops, Wildings
- Camping & Outdoor Shops – Millets
- Entertainment – GAME, Gamestation, HMV
- Fashion – Dorothy Perkins, Evans, La Senza, New Look, Next, Republic
- Health & Beauty – Boots, Holland & Barrett, Superdrug, Body Shop
- Jewellers – Ernest Jones, Goldsmiths, H Samuel
- Miscellaneous – Thorntons
- Mobile Phones – 3 Store, Carphone Warehouse, O2, Orange, Phones 4u, T Mobile, Vodaphone
- Sports Shops – JD
- Travel Agents – Thomas Cook, Thomsons
- TV/Audio – Sony Centre
Opening times at Golden Square are 9.30 – 5.30 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday), 9.30 – 8 pm (Thursday), 9 – 6 (Saturday), and 11 – 5 (Sunday). Opening hours for some stores may vary. Check the official website for details.
Facilities include toilets, baby changing facilities, cash machines, and parking for 1700 cars. Free parking is offered on Sundays and after 4 pm on Thursdays.
There are numerous places to eat and drink. Restaurants and cafes include Caffe Nero, Costa Coffee, Nandos, Starbucks, and the Barley Mow pub.
The Golden Square shopping centre is located to the north west of Warrington town centre.
Warrington bus station is linked directly to the mall. Warrington Central train station is just a couple of minutes walk away.
Visitors arriving by car should use the postcode WA1 1UZ.
Address and postcode
Old Market Square