The Market Place is the biggest and most modern shopping centre in Bolton town centre.
Debenhams is the anchor store here and occupies two floors at the northern end of the mall. Other shops are a mixture of national high street names and local businesses.
List of Shops and Restaurants
Shops and places to eat and drink at the Market Place are:
- Amazonia – Jungle-themed children’s play area.
- Baltic Cellar – Cuisine from Russia, Poland and the Baltics.
- Bodycare – Health and beauty products.
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- Caffe Dolce – Coffeehouse.
- Cake & Decorate
- Cargo – Watches and jewellery.
- Carphone Warehouse – Mobile phones.
- Carrs Pasties
- Carters – Jewellery.
- Claire’s – Fashion accessories.
- Clarks – Footwear.
- Costa – Coffee shop.
- DB3 – Women’s designer fashion.
- Debenhams – Department store.
- Footasylum – Trainers, clothing and fashion accessories.
- GBK – Gourmet burgers.
- Great Ale – Bar offering craft beers and ciders.
- Greggs – Bakery.
- H&M – Fashion.
- H.Samuel – Jewellery.
- JD – Sports fashion and trainers.
- JUST Boutique – Evening wear, prom dresses, vintage clothing etc.
- Kafe Crepe – Crepes, waffles, and smoothies.
- Kids Fashion Mart – Designer clothes for children.
- Macarina Brow Bar – Eyebrow threading.
- Mangobean – Coffeehouse.
- Mezzo – Cafe.
- Mobile Boss – Mobile phones and gadgets.
- Nando’s – Peri-peri chicken.
- Neo:Gallery – Not-for-profit art gallery and studio.
- New Look – Fashion.
- New Look Men – Fashion.
- Next – Fashion.
- Norton Barrie – Designer menswear.
- Oasis – Women’s fashion.
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Pep & Co. – Fashion for all the family.
- Pepe’s – Flame-grilled chicken.
- Prezzo – Italian.
- River Island – Fashion.
- Roman – Womenswear.
- Sayna’s Brows – Threading and waxing.
- Scrivens – Opticians.
- Smiggle – Colourful stationery from Australia.
- Smoker’s Exit – Electronic cigarettes.
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse.
- Tessuti x Scotts – Menswear.
- The Body Shop – Ethical make-up, skin and body-care products.
- The Entertainer – Toys and games.
- The Perfume Shop – Fragrances.
- Thomson – Travel agent.
- Topman – Menswear.
- Topshop – Womenswear.
- Trespass – Outdoor clothing, camping equipment etc.
- Vina Nail Art – Nail bar.
- Vision Express – Opticians.
- Warehouse – Women’s fashion.
- ZARA – Fashion.
Details were last checked on Wednesday 1st of March 2017.
In 2013 the centre was purchased by the Moorgarth Group. The new owners have now completed a £20 million redevelopment project. It includes a new cinema and transformation of the historic Victorian vaults into a dining complex housing restaurants such as Nando’s and Prezzo.
The Market Place is open every day of the week. Standard opening hours for the retail stores are Monday to Saturday 9 am to 6 pm, and Sunday 11 am to 5 pm. Opening times for individual stores may vary. The restaurants and cinema are open until late in the evening.
The shopping centre is situated at the northern end of Bolton town centre. There’s a multi-storey car park above the shops with spaces for more than 500 vehicles. At the time of writing (September 2016) customers enjoy free parking for 90 minutes. Satellite navigation users should use the postcode BL1 2AL to find it.
Bolton Interchange is just 10 minutes’ walk from the Market Place.
Address and postcode