The Middlebrook Retail and Leisure Park is a sports, leisure, and retail complex located on the outskirts of Bolton.
It boasts around 40 stores, a cinema, bowling centre, football stadium, sports arena, two hotels, and a good selection of restaurants and bars.
Cinema, Macron Stadium, and Leisure Facilities
Middlebrook boasts the largest concentration of entertainment and leisure facilities in Bolton. These include the 12-screen Vue cinema, the Hollywood Bowl bowling alley, the USN Bolton Arena, and the Macron Stadium (formerly the Reebok Stadium), the home ground of Bolton Wanderers Football Club.
List of Shops
Shops at Middlebrook Retail and Leisure Park are listed below.
- American Golf – Golf clubs, equipment, and clothing.
- Argos – Catalogue store.
- ASDA – Supermarket.
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- BWFC Bolton Central – Bolton Wanderers merchandise.
- Carphone Warehouse – Mobile phones.
- Clarks – Footwear.
- Currys PC World – Electronics and appliances.
- DFS – Sofas.
- Dreams – Beds, mattresses, and bedroom furniture.
- Footasylum – Trainers, streetwear and sportswear.
- Furniture Village – Home furniture.
- Halfords – Automotive, cycling, and leisure products.
- Harveys – Furniture.
- Homebase – DIY.
- Hurley’s – Fashion.
- JD – Sportswear and trainers.
- KIA Motors – Kia dealership.
- Laura Ashley – Home furnishings.
- M&S – Department store.
- Next Home
- Next Men & Women
- O2 – Mobile phones.
- Oak Furniture Land – Quality wooden furniture.
- Pagazzi - Lighting and mirrors.
- Pets at Home – Pet supplies.
- Poundworld – Discount store.
- River Island – Fashion.
- ScS – Sofas, carpets, and flooring.
- Smyths – Toys.
- Sofology – Sofas (formerly Sofaworks).
- Specsavers – Opticians.
- Sports Direct – Sportswear, sports footwear and equipment.
- Starplan – Beds and bedroom furniture.
- Thomson – Travel agent.
- TK Maxx – Discount store offering men’s and women’s clothing, footwear, accessories, and home decor.
- Tog 24 – Outdoor clothing and footwear.
- Vodafone – Mobile phones.
- Wilko – Homeware and household goods.
Opening times vary by store but most are open until 8 pm Monday to Friday, 6 pm on Saturday, and from 11 am to 5 pm Sunday.
There are two hotels at Middlebrook; the Bolton Whites and the Premier Inn Bolton. The Bolton is a 4-star hotel situated within the South Stand of the Macron Stadium. The Premier Inn is next to USN Bolton Arena and just a short walk from the football ground and Horwich Parkway train station.
Places to Eat & Drink
Restaurants, cafes, and other places to eat and drink at Middlebrook Retail and Leisure Park are listed below.
- Abacus – Contemporary oriental restaurant.
- ASK Italian – Italian cuisine.
- Bella Italia – Italian restaurant.
- Chiquito – Mexican and Tex-Mex.
- Coast to Coast – American.
- Costa – Coffee shop.
- Frankie & Benny’s – American Italian.
- Greggs – Bakery.
- Harvester – Family-friendly pub restaurant.
- KFC – Fried chicken.
- Luciano’s – Italian.
- McDonald’s – Fast food.
- Nando’s – Specialises in Portuguese chicken.
- Pizza Hut – Pizza restaurant.
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse.
- Subway – Subs made to order.
Details were last checked on Friday 23rd of September 2016.
Middlebrook offers free parking for over 3,000 cars. Other facilities include a petrol station, and cash machines (outside Asda and at the Vue).
Location & Directions
To reach the Middlebrook Retail Park by car leave the M61 at Junction 6 and follow the signs. Satellite navigation owners should use the postcode BL6 6JA.
The park also boasts its own train station, Horwich Parkway, offering regular services from Bolton, Preston, and Manchester.
Middlebrook Retail and Leisure Park
Address and postcode