This large retail and leisure park in the Speke area of Liverpool offers a good range of stores and facilities.
It opened in 1985 and with around 40 shops and places to eat and drink, is one of the largest in the UK.
Shops at the New Mersey Shopping Park are:
- Argos – Catalogue store.
- B&Q – DIY store.
- Bensons for Beds - Beds, mattresses, and bedroom furniture.
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- Carphone Warehouse – Mobile phones.
- Clarks – Footwear.
- Clintons – Cards, gifts, wrapping, party supplies etc.
- Currys PC World – Electricals, TVs, appliances, PCs, laptops, mobile phones etc.
- DFS – Sofas.
- Early Learning Centre – Educational toys, games, and puzzles.
- Footasylum – Trainers, streetwear and sportswear.
- H&M – Fashion.
- Halfords – Automotive, cycling, and leisure products.
- Harveys – Furniture.
- JD – Sports fashion and trainers.
- Laura Ashley – Home furnishings and fashion.
- M&S Simply Food – Quality food and drink.
- Mamas & Papas – Children’s clothing, pushchairs, car seats, toys, high chairs, feeding products, gifts etc.
- M&S – Department store.
- Mothercare – Products for mothers-to-be, babies, and children.
- New Look – Fashion.
- Next – Fashion and home products.
- O2 – Mobile phones.
- Oak Furniture Land – Solid wood furniture.
- Outfit – Fashion from Topshop, Topman, Miss Selfridge, Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, and Wallis.
- Pets at Home – Pet supplies.
- PixiFoto – Photography studio (in Mothercare).
- River Island – Fashion.
- ScS – Sofas, rugs, carpets, and flooring.
- Smyths – Toy store.
- Sofology – Sofa store.
- Sports Direct – Sportswear, sports footwear and equipment.
- Tessuti – Designer clothing.
- Thomson – Travel agent.
- Vets4Pets – Veterinary care (in Pets at Home).
- WHSmith – Books, newspapers, magazines, stationery etc.
Details were last checked on Wednesday 26th of October 2016.
The HMV Store closed in 2013 after the company called in administrators. The Comet store here met a similar fate the previous year.
Facilities at New Mersey Shopping Park include restaurants such as Pizza Hut and McDonald’s, free car parking for almost 2,000 vehicles, and toilets (in store).
All shops are open seven days a week. Opening times vary by store.
The shopping park, also known as Speke Retail Park, is situated on the A561, close to Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Visitors using satellite navigation systems should note that the postcode for the New Mersey Shopping Park is L24 8QB. The nearest train station is Liverpool South Parkway.
At the beginning of 2015, New Mersey Shopping Park revealed plans for a massive redevelopment of the site. Planning permission was granted in 2016.
Additions will include an 11-screen Cineworld cinema plus a selection of places to eat and drink. Restaurants confirmed are TGI Friday’s, Nando’s, Bella Italia, and Wagamama. Completion is scheduled for autumn 2017.
New Mersey Shopping Park
Address and postcode