When in Carlisle one of the best places to obtain general tourist info and advice is the Carlisle Tourist Information Centre, in the Old Town Hall (near the Crown and Mitre hotel and the Lanes Shopping Centre).
- Other services provided by the tourist office include:
- Hotel and accommodation booking service
- Local transport information and timetables, plus tickets for the Hadrian’s Wall bus
- Tickets for national and local venues (Carlisle Sands Centre, Carlisle United etc.)
- Official brochures and guides, plus leaflets for local attractions and restaurants
- Fishing permits
- Maps, walking and cycling routes
The Old Town Hall is an attractive Grade I listed building dating back to the 18th century. In addition to the tourist board offices it houses a number of interesting shops.
Just outside is a replica Victorian pillar box, erected in 1989 in recognition of the fact that the Carlisle was the site of the UK’s first mainland pillar box.
Map showing location of Carlisle Tourist Information Centre.
Carlisle Tourist Information Centre
Address and postcode
Old Town Hall