254 is the country calling code for Kenya.
Kenya is a country on the continent of Africa. The capital city of Kenya is Nairobi.
How to Call Kenya from the UK
To call a telephone number in Kenya from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Kenya - 254.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Area Codes and Landlines
The following are the area telephone codes for Kenya’s major cities:
- Nairobi – 020
- Mombasa – 041
- Kisumu – 057
When calling a landline number from within Kenya or from a Kenyan mobile, the 0 prefix is used with the area code.
When calling from a landline in the same area of Kenya, do not use the 0 prefix or area code.
When phoning from abroad, do not use the 0 prefix with the area code.
For example, to call a number in Nairobi XXXXXXX from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix (00/+), the Kenyan country code (254), the area code (no 0), and the subscriber number, e.g., 00-254-20-XXXXXX or +254-20-XXXXXXX.
When calling Kenya from the UK, please note there is a time difference between Kenya and the UK.
The time right now in Kenya is . The date is .
The current time in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between Kenya and UK (United Kingdom) is 2 hours.
The currency used in Kenya is the Kenyan shilling (KES).
The current exchange rates between the Kenyan shilling and the British pound (KES to GBP, GBP to KES) are:
- 1 Kenyan shilling (KES) = 0.007 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 144.947 KES
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Kenya – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Kenya in recent years is:
- 2018 - 51,393,010
- 2017 - 50,221,473
- 2016 - 49,051,686
- 2015 - 47,878,336
- 2014 - 46,699,981
- 2013 - 45,519,889
Map of Kenya
The location of Kenya is shown on the map below.