256 is the country calling code for Uganda.
Uganda is a country on the continent of Africa. The capital city of Uganda is Kampala.
How to Call Uganda from the UK
To call a telephone number in Uganda from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Uganda - 256.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
When calling Uganda from the UK, please note there is a time difference between Uganda and the UK.
The time right now in Uganda is . The date is .
The current time in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between Uganda and UK (United Kingdom) is 2 hours.
The currency used in Uganda is the Ugandan shilling (UGX).
The current exchange rates between the Ugandan shilling and the British pound (UGX to GBP, GBP to UGX) are:
- 1 Ugandan shilling (UGX) = 0.000208 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 4809.881 UGX
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Uganda – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Uganda in recent years is:
- 2018 - 42,723,139
- 2017 - 41,162,465
- 2016 - 39,647,506
- 2015 - 38,225,453
- 2014 - 36,912,148
- 2013 - 35,695,246
Useful information about Uganda
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): UG
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): UGA
- Region: Africa
- Capital: Kampala
- Area: 241,550 square km
- Language(s): English, Swahili
- Borders: Congo, the Democratic Republic of the, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of
Map of Uganda
The location of Uganda is shown on the map below.