351 is the country calling code for Portugal.
Portugal is a country on the continent of Europe. The capital city of Portugal is Lisbon.
How to Call Portugal from the UK
To call a telephone number in Portugal from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Portugal - 351.
- Dial the number of the person/business.
Area Codes and Landlines
In Portugal, landline numbers start with 2 and are 9 digits long. The first 3 digits identify the landline’s geographic location.
The following are the area codes for Portugal’s major cities:
- Braga – 253
- Lisbon – 21X
- Porto – 22X
Even when calling from within the same area, the area code and all digits are dialled while making a domestic call to a landline in Portugal.
For example, to call a number in Lisbon 21XXXXXXX from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix (00/+), then the Portugal country code (351), and finally the subscriber number, e.g., 00-351-21XXXXXXX or +351-21XXXXXXX.
The currency used in Portugal is the euro (EUR).
The current exchange rates between the euro and the British pound (EUR to GBP, GBP to EUR) are:
- 1 euro (EUR) = 0.845 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 1.184 EUR
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Portugal – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Portugal in recent years is:
- 2018 - 10,283,822
- 2017 - 10,300,300
- 2016 - 10,325,452
- 2015 - 10,358,076
- 2014 - 10,401,062
- 2013 - 10,457,295
Map of Portugal
The location of Portugal is shown on the map below.