358 is the country calling code for Finland.
Finland is a country on the continent of Europe. The capital city of Finland is Helsinki.
How to Call Finland from the UK
To call a telephone number in Finland from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Finland - 358.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Area Codes and Landlines
The following are the geographic area telephone codes for some of Finland’s main cities:
- Helsinki – 09
- Tampere – 03
- Turku – 02
When dialling a landline number from another part of Finland or from a Finnish mobile, the area code is preceded by a 0 prefix.
When calling from a landline in the same area of Finland, do not use the 0 prefix or area code.
When phoning from abroad, do not use the 0 prefix with the area code.
For example, to call a number in Helsinki XXXXXXX from overseas:
- Dial the international call prefix (00/+), Finland’s country code (358), the area code minus the 0 and finally the subscriber number, e.g., 00-358-9-XXXXXXX or +358-9-XXXXXXX.
When calling Finland from the UK, please note the time difference between the United Kingdom and Finland.
The local time in Finland is now . The date is .
The local time in the UK is now . The date is .
The time difference between Finland and UK (United Kingdom) is 2 hours.
The currency used in Finland is the euro (EUR).
The current exchange rates between the euro and the British pound (EUR to GBP, GBP to EUR) are:
- 1 euro (EUR) = 0.845 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 1.184 EUR
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Finland – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Finland in recent years is:
- 2018 - 5,515,525
- 2017 - 5,508,214
- 2016 - 5,495,303
- 2015 - 5,479,531
- 2014 - 5,461,512
- 2013 - 5,438,972
Map of Finland
The location of Finland is shown on the map below.