359 is the country calling code for Bulgaria.
Bulgaria is a country on the continent of Europe. The capital city of Bulgaria is Sofia.
How to Call Bulgaria from the UK
To call a telephone number in Bulgaria from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Bulgaria - 359.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Area Codes and Landlines
The following are the area telephone codes for a selection of Bulgaria’s largest cities:
- Burgas – 056
- Dobrich – 058
- Pleven – 064
- Plovdiv – 032
- Ruse – 082
- Sliven – 044
- Sofia – 02
- Stara Zagora – 042
- Varna – 052
When dialling a domestic call to a landline in Bulgaria, including calls within the same area, all digits are dialled.
When calling from abroad, omit the area code’s 0 prefix.
For example, to call a number in Sofia XXXXXXX from abroad:
- Dial the international dialling prefix (00/+), the Bulgarian country code (359), the area code omitting the 0, and finally the subscriber number, e.g., 00-359-2-XXXXXXX or +359-2-XXXXXXX.
When making a telephone call to Bulgaria from the UK, please note there is a time difference between Bulgaria and the UK.
The time now in Bulgaria is . The date is .
The time now in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between Bulgaria and UK (United Kingdom) is 2 hours.
The Bulgarian lev (BGN) is the currency used in Bulgaria.
The current exchange rates between the Bulgarian lev and the British pound (BGN to GBP, GBP to BGN) are:
- 1 Bulgarian lev (BGN) = 0.432 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 2.314 BGN
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Bulgaria – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Bulgaria in recent years is:
- 2018 - 7,025,037
- 2017 - 7,075,947
- 2016 - 7,127,822
- 2015 - 7,177,991
- 2014 - 7,223,938
- 2013 - 7,265,115
Map of Bulgaria
The map below shows the location of Bulgaria.