64 is the country calling code for New Zealand.
New Zealand is a country on the continent of Oceania. The capital city of New Zealand is Wellington.
How to Call New Zealand from the UK
To call a telephone number in New Zealand from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for New Zealand - 64.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Area Codes and Landlines
The following are the area telephone codes for some of New Zealand’s main cities:
- Auckland – 09
- Christchurch – 03
- Hamilton – 07
- Tauranga – 07
- Wellington – 04
When dialling a landline number from another part of New Zealand or from a New Zealand mobile, the area code is preceded by a 0 prefix.
When calling from a landline in the same area of New Zealand, do not use the 0 prefix or area code.
When phoning from abroad, do not use the 0 prefix with the area code.
For example, to call a number in Wellington XXXXXXX from the UK or overseas:
- Dial the international call prefix (00/+), the New Zealand country code (64), the area code (without the 0), and finally the customer number, e.g., 00-64-4-XXXXXXX or +64-4-XXXXXXX.
When calling New Zealand from the UK, please note there is a time difference between New Zealand and the UK.
The time right now in New Zealand is . The date is .
The current time in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between New Zealand and UK (United Kingdom) is 11 hours.
The currency used in New Zealand is the New Zealand dollar (NZD).
The current exchange rates between the New Zealand dollar and the British pound (NZD to GBP, GBP to NZD) are:
- 1 New Zealand dollar (NZD) = 0.509 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 1.96 NZD
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
New Zealand – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of New Zealand in recent years is:
- 2018 - 4,841,000
- 2017 - 4,793,900
- 2016 - 4,693,200
- 2015 - 4,595,700
- 2014 - 4,509,700
- 2013 - 4,442,100
Map of New Zealand
The location of New Zealand is shown on the map below.