66 is the country calling code for Thailand.
Thailand is a country on the continent of Asia. The capital city of Thailand is Bangkok.
How to Call Thailand from the UK
To call a telephone number in Thailand from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Thailand - 66.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
When calling Thailand from the UK, please note there is a time difference between Thailand and the UK.
The time right now in Thailand is . The date is .
The current time in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between Thailand and UK (United Kingdom) is 6 hours.
The currency used in Thailand is the Thai baht (THB).
The current exchange rates between the Thai baht and the British pound (THB to GBP, GBP to THB) are:
- 1 Thai baht (THB) = 0.025 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 40.75 THB
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Thailand – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Thailand in recent years is:
- 2018 - 69,428,524
- 2017 - 69,209,858
- 2016 - 68,971,331
- 2015 - 68,714,511
- 2014 - 68,438,730
- 2013 - 68,144,501
Useful information about Thailand
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): TH
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): THA
- Region: Asia
- Capital: Bangkok
- Area: 513,120 square km
- Language(s): Thai
- Borders: Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia
Map of Thailand
The location of Thailand is shown on the map below.