81 is the country calling code for Japan.
Japan is a country on the continent of Asia. The capital city of Japan is Tokyo.
How to Call Japan from the UK
To call a telephone number in Japan from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Japan - 81.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
When calling Japan from the UK, please note there is a time difference between Japan and the UK.
The time right now in Japan is . The date is .
The current time in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between Japan and UK (United Kingdom) is 8 hours.
The currency used in Japan is the Japanese yen (JPY).
The current exchange rates between the Japanese yen and the British pound (JPY to GBP, GBP to JPY) are:
- 1 Japanese yen (JPY) = 0.0074 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 134.953 JPY
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Japan – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Japan in recent years is:
- 2018 - 126,529,100
- 2017 - 126,785,797
- 2016 - 126,994,511
- 2015 - 127,141,000
- 2014 - 127,276,000
- 2013 - 127,445,000
Useful information about Japan
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): JP
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): JPN
- Region: Asia
- Capital: Tokyo
- Area: 377,930 square km
- Language(s): Japanese
Map of Japan
The location of Japan is shown on the map below.