81 is the country calling code for Japan.
Japan is a country on the continent of Asia. The capital city of Japan is Tokyo.
How to Call Japan from the UK
To call a telephone number in Japan from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Japan - 81.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
When calling Japan from the UK, please note there is a time difference between Japan and the UK.
The time right now in Japan is . The date is .
The current time in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between Japan and UK (United Kingdom) is 8 hours.
The currency used in Japan is the Japanese yen (JPY).
The current exchange rates between the Japanese yen and the British pound (JPY to GBP, GBP to JPY) are:
- 1 Japanese yen (JPY) = 0.0069 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 144.266 JPY
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Map of Japan
The location of Japan is shown on the map below.