86 is the country calling code for China.
China is a country on the continent of Asia. The capital city of China is Beijing.
How to Call China from the UK
To call a telephone number in China from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for China - 86.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
When making a telephone call to China from the UK, please note there is a time difference between China and the UK.
The time now in China is . The date is .
The time now in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between China and UK (United Kingdom) is 7 hours.
The Chinese yuan (CNY) is the currency used in China.
The current exchange rates between the Chinese yuan and the British pound (CNY to GBP, GBP to CNY) are:
- 1 Chinese yuan (CNY) = 0.11 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 9.128 CNY
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
China – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of China in recent years is:
- 2018 - 1,392,730,000
- 2017 - 1,386,395,000
- 2016 - 1,378,665,000
- 2015 - 1,371,220,000
- 2014 - 1,364,270,000
- 2013 - 1,357,380,000
Useful information about China
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): CN
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): CHN
- Region: Asia
- Capital: Beijing
- Area: 9,640,011 square km
- Language(s): Chinese
- Borders: Afghanistan, Bhutan, Myanmar, Hong Kong, India, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macao, Mongolia, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Vietnam
Map of China
The map below shows the location of China.