880 is the country calling code for Bangladesh.
Bangladesh is a country on the continent of Asia. The capital city of Bangladesh is Dhaka.
How to Call Bangladesh from the UK
To call a telephone number in Bangladesh from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Bangladesh - 880.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
When making a telephone call to Bangladesh from the UK, please note there is a time difference between Bangladesh and the UK.
The time now in Bangladesh is . The date is .
The time now in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between Bangladesh and UK (United Kingdom) is 5 hours.
The Bangladeshi taka (BDT) is the currency used in Bangladesh.
The current exchange rates between the Bangladeshi taka and the British pound (BDT to GBP, GBP to BDT) are:
- 1 Bangladeshi taka (BDT) = 0.009 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 107.031 BDT
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Bangladesh – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Bangladesh in recent years is:
- 2018 - 161,356,039
- 2017 - 159,670,593
- 2016 - 157,970,840
- 2015 - 156,256,276
- 2014 - 154,520,167
- 2013 - 152,764,676
Useful information about Bangladesh
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): BD
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): BGD
- Region: Asia
- Capital: Dhaka
- Area: 147,570 square km
- Language(s): Bengali
- Borders: Myanmar, India
Map of Bangladesh
The map below shows the location of Bangladesh.