91 is the country calling code for India.
India is a country on the continent of Asia. The capital city of India is New Delhi.
How to Call India from the UK
To call a telephone number in India from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for India - 91.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
When making a telephone call to India from the UK, please note there is a time difference between India and the UK.
The time now in India is . The date is .
The time now in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between India and UK (United Kingdom) is 4.5 hours.
The Indian rupee (INR) is the currency used in India.
The current exchange rates between the Indian rupee and the British pound (INR to GBP, GBP to INR) are:
- 1 Indian rupee (INR) = 0.01 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 97.909 INR
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
India – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of India in recent years is:
- 2018 - 1,352,617,328
- 2017 - 1,338,658,835
- 2016 - 1,324,509,589
- 2015 - 1,310,152,403
- 2014 - 1,295,604,184
- 2013 - 1,280,846,129
Useful information about India
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): IN
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): IND
- Region: Asia
- Capital: New Delhi
- Area: 3,287,590 square km
- Language(s): Hindi, English
- Borders: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, China, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
Map of India
The map below shows the location of India.