92 is the country calling code for Pakistan.
Pakistan is a country on the continent of Asia. The capital city of Pakistan is Islamabad.
How to Call Pakistan from the UK
To call a telephone number in Pakistan from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Pakistan - 92.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Area Codes and Landlines
Area codes for the largest cities in Pakistan are listed below:
- Faisalabad – 41
- Gujranwala – 55
- Hyderabad – 22
- Islamabad – 51
- Karachi – 21
- Lahore – 42
- Multan – 61
- Peshawar – 91
- Quetta – 81
- Rawalpindi – 51
Big cities have 2-digit area codes. Smaller cities and towns have longer codes.
When contacting a landline number from another part of Pakistan or from a Pakistani mobile, the area code is preceded by a 0 prefix.
When calling from a landline in the same location, do not use the 0 prefix or area code.
When phoning from abroad, do not use the 0 prefix with the area code.
For example, to call a number in Karachi XXXXXXX from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix (00/+), Pakistan’s country code (92), the area code (without the 0), and finally the customer number, e.g., 00-92-21-XXXXXXX or +92-21-XXXXXXX.
When calling Pakistan from the UK, please note there is a time difference between Pakistan and the UK.
The time right now in Pakistan is . The date is .
The current time in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between Pakistan and UK (United Kingdom) is 4 hours.
The currency used in Pakistan is the Pakistani rupee (PKR).
The current exchange rates between the Pakistani rupee and the British pound (PKR to GBP, GBP to PKR) are:
- 1 Pakistani rupee (PKR) = 0.004 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 244.031 PKR
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Pakistan – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Pakistan in recent years is:
- 2018 - 212,215,030
- 2017 - 207,896,686
- 2016 - 203,627,284
- 2015 - 199,426,964
- 2014 - 195,306,825
- 2013 - 191,262,919
Map of Pakistan
The location of Pakistan is shown on the map below.