93 is the country calling code for Afghanistan.
Afghanistan is a country on the continent of Asia. The capital city of Afghanistan is Kabul.
How to Call Afghanistan from the UK
To call a telephone number in Afghanistan from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Afghanistan - 93.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
When making a telephone call to Afghanistan from the UK, please note there is a time difference between Afghanistan and the UK.
The time now in Afghanistan is . The date is .
The time now in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between Afghanistan and UK (United Kingdom) is 3.5 hours.
The afghani (AFN) is the currency used in Afghanistan.
The current exchange rates between the afghani and the British pound (AFN to GBP, GBP to AFN) are:
- 1 Afghan afghani (AFN) = 0.01 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 100.224 AFN
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Afghanistan – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Afghanistan in recent years is:
- 2018 - 37,172,386
- 2017 - 36,296,400
- 2016 - 35,383,128
- 2015 - 34,413,603
- 2014 - 33,370,794
- 2013 - 32,269,589
Useful information about Afghanistan
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): AF
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): AFG
- Region: Asia
- Capital: Kabul
- Area: 652,230 square km
- Language(s): Pashto, Uzbek, Turkmen
- Borders: Iran, Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, China
Map of Afghanistan
The map below shows the location of Afghanistan.