961 is the country calling code for Lebanon.
Lebanon is a country on the continent of Asia. The capital city of Lebanon is Beirut.
How to Call Lebanon from the UK
To call a telephone number in Lebanon from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Lebanon - 961.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
When calling Lebanon from the UK, please note there is a time difference between Lebanon and the UK.
The time right now in Lebanon is . The date is .
The current time in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between Lebanon and UK (United Kingdom) is 2 hours.
The currency used in Lebanon is the Lebanese pound (LBP).
The current exchange rates between the Lebanese pound and the British pound (LBP to GBP, GBP to LBP) are:
- 1 Lebanese pound (LBP) = 0.00051 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 1973.45 LBP
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Lebanon – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Lebanon in recent years is:
- 2018 - 6,848,925
- 2017 - 6,811,873
- 2016 - 6,711,121
- 2015 - 6,532,678
- 2014 - 6,262,410
- 2013 - 5,914,621
Useful information about Lebanon
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): LB
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): LBN
- Region: Asia
- Capital: Beirut
- Area: 10,452 square km
- Language(s): Arabic, French
- Borders: Israel, Syrian Arab Republic
Map of Lebanon
The location of Lebanon is shown on the map below.