962 is the country calling code for Jordan.
Jordan is a country on the continent of Asia. The capital city of Jordan is Amman.
How to Call Jordan from the UK
To call a telephone number in Jordan from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Jordan - 962.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Area Codes and Landlines
Area codes for Jordan are:
- North 2 (includes Irbid)
- South 3
- Zarqa – 5
- Amman – 6
When dialling a landline number from another part of Jordan or from a Jordanian mobile, the area code is preceded by a 0 prefix.
When calling from a landline in the same location, do not use the 0 prefix or area code.
When phoning from abroad, do not use the 0 prefix with the area code.
For example, to call a number in Amman XXXXXXX from the UK or overseas:
- Dial the international call prefix (00/+), Jordan’s country code (962), the area code without the zero, and finally the subscriber number, e.g., 00-962-6-XXXXXXX or +962-6-XXXXXXX.
When calling Jordan from the UK, please note there is a time difference between Jordan and the UK.
The time right now in Jordan is . The date is .
The current time in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between Jordan and UK (United Kingdom) is 2 hours.
The currency used in Jordan is the Jordanian dinar (JOD).
The current exchange rates between the Jordanian dinar and the British pound (JOD to GBP, GBP to JOD) are:
- 1 Jordanian dinar (JOD) = 1.131 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 0.884 JOD
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Jordan – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Jordan in recent years is:
- 2018 - 9,956,011
- 2017 - 9,779,173
- 2016 - 9,551,467
- 2015 - 9,266,575
- 2014 - 8,920,049
- 2013 - 8,520,420
Map of Jordan
The location of Jordan is shown on the map below.