971 is the country calling code for United Arab Emirates.
United Arab Emirates is a country on the continent of Asia. The capital city of United Arab Emirates is Abu Dhabi.
How to Call United Arab Emirates from the UK
To call a telephone number in United Arab Emirates from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for United Arab Emirates - 971.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
When calling the UAE from the UK, please note there is a time difference between the UAE and the UK.
The time right now in the UAE is . The date is .
The current time in the UK is . The date is .
The time difference between UAE and UK (United Kingdom) is 3 hours.
The currency used in the UAE is the United Arab Emirates dirham (AED).
The current exchange rates between the UAE dirham and the British pound (AED to GBP, GBP to AED) are:
- 1 UAE dirham (AED) = 0.209 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 4.793 AED
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
United Arab Emirates – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of the UAE in recent years is:
- 2018 - 9,630,959
- 2017 - 9,487,203
- 2016 - 9,360,980
- 2015 - 9,262,900
- 2014 - 9,214,175
- 2013 - 9,197,910
Useful information about United Arab Emirates
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): AE
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): ARE
- Region: Asia
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Area: 83,600 square km
- Language(s): Arabic
- Borders: Oman, Saudi Arabia
Map of the UAE
The location of the UAE is shown on the map below.