Manchester’s Corn Exchange is a dining destination in the heart of the city centre.
The lower floors of the revamped historic building are home to a number of restaurants offering an excellent selection of cuisines from around the world.
Work to transform the upper floors of the building into an apartment hotel began in 2016.
Restaurants at the Corn Exchange are:
- Banyan – International menu.
- Cosy Club – Lavish venue with period interior and furnishings. Offers a British/International menu. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Delhi House Café
- Doner Haus – Berlin kebaps.
- Gino D’Acampo My Restaurant – Italian.
- Mowgli – Indian.
- Pho – Vietnamese street food.
- Pizza Express – Pizzeria.
- Salvi’s – Family-run Italian restaurant.
- Tampopo – Menu offers Japanese, Thai, Singaporean, Vietnamese, Indonesian, and Malaysian dishes.
- Vapiano – Italian food prepared before the customer.
- Zizzi – Italian.
Details were last checked on Wednesday 1st of September 2021.
The Corn Exchange is situated on Exchange Square in Manchester city centre and surrounded by some of the city’s top attractions.
Manchester Victoria Train Station is just a couple of hundred yards away. Visitors arriving at Manchester Piccadilly can walk to the Corn Exchange in around 15 minutes or catch a free Metroshuttle bus to Manchester Victoria.
The Corn Exchange does not have its own car park. Parking options nearby include the NCP Manchester Arndale (postcode M4 1AZ) and NCP Manchester Printworks (postcode M4 2AF).
The first Corn Exchange was built on this site in the 1830s. This was demolished at the turn of the century and replaced by a larger structure in 1903. The Corn & Produce Exchange building was used a trading hub by farmers and traders before falling into disuse after the Second World War.
In the 1980s and 90s it was used as a market by independent traders but was severely damaged by an IRA bomb in 1996.
The building reopened as The Triangle shopping centre in 2000. This closed in 2014; reopening as a dining destination the following year.