Deepdale Retail Park is a large shopping park in Preston, Lancashire. It boasts many well-known brands and retailers, all located within walking distance of each other. This layout makes it incredibly convenient for shoppers, who can find almost anything they need without travelling to multiple locations.
The site also boasts plenty of places to eat and drink.
Deepdale Retail Park is home to a good range of shops, ensuring that all shoppers can find something to suit their needs.
Shops at the time of writing (July 2023) include:
- Aldi – Discount supermarket chain offering low prices on groceries and household items.
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- Card Factory – Greeting cards, wrapping, gifts, and party products.
- Clarks – Footwear.
- CTD (Ceramic Tile Distributors)
- Currys – Electricals, TVs, appliances, PCs, laptops, mobile phones etc.
- Evans Cycles – Cycle store within Sports Direct.
- Game – Consoles and video games.
- Go Outdoors – Camping and outdoor gear.
- Hobbycraft – Arts and crafts supplies.
- IKEA Preston – Plan and Order Point format.
- JD – Sports fashion and trainers.
- M&S – Department store.
- Morrisons – Supermarket.
- New Look – Trendy, affordable clothing and accessories for all the family.
- Next – Stylish high-street fashion for the whole family.
- O2 – Mobile phones.
- Oak Furnitureland – Quality wooden furniture.
- Poundland – Discount retailer.
- River Island – Fashion.
- Sally Beauty – Professional hair and beauty supplies.
- Sofology – Sofas and soft furnishings.
- Sports Direct – Sports equipment, footwear, and clothing.
- Superdrug – Health and beauty products.
- TUI – Travel.
- WHSmith – Books, newspapers, magazines, stationery etc.
- Wilko – Homeware and household goods.
- Wren Kitchens – Fitted kitchens.
The site offers more than just shopping. It is also a great place to enjoy a meal or a quick snack.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink include:
- Costa Coffee – Serving hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, pastries and snacks.
- Five Guys – Popular American burger chain.
- KFC – Specialising in fried chicken on the bone or in buckets, meals and wraps.
- McDonald’s – Global fast food giant serving burgers, fries, chicken sandwiches and more.
- Nando’s – Casual dining chain with Portuguese inspiration and signature peri-peri chicken.
- Pizza Hut – Restaurant chain offering dine-in and takeaway pizzas, sides and desserts.
- Starbucks – Chain cafe selling hot, iced and frappuccino coffee drinks plus bakery foods.
- Subway – Sandwich shop allowing customers to customise sub rolls with endless combinations of meats, cheeses and veggies.
One of the newest additions to the park’s dining scene is Five Guys, a popular American burger chain. Opened in 2022, it’s the first Five Guys restaurant in Lancashire. It has quickly become a favourite among visitors.
The Everlast Gym opened in June 2022. Amenities include a free weights area, cardio equipment, and resistance machines. Personal trainers offer personalised fitness guidance and support.
Deepdale Shopping Park has evolved considerably since its opening in the 1990s.
The site underwent a significant expansion in 2015, with a new extension opening on the site of the former Booker warehouse. This expansion brought several new stores to the development, including Sofology, Wren Kitchens, and Oak Furnitureland.
Some other recent newcomers include the popular American burger chain Five Guys, which opened its first Lancashire restaurant at Deepdale in 2022. Cycle retailer Evans Cycles also launched a new Deepdale branch the same year to tap into the city’s growing cycling scene.
Flannels, a luxury clothing retailer, also arrived in 2022. The store spans 15,000 square feet and features carefully curated designer clothing and accessories.
Some notable luxury brands sold here include Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Burberry, and Versace.
One of the most significant events in the site’s history was the opening of IKEA Preston in 2023. The store functions as a Plan & Order Point, allowing customers to order items for collection from the store. IKEA also features a kitchen and bathroom showroom. The location fills a long-awaited desire for an IKEA store in the county.
Despite these successes, Deepdale has also seen some businesses close down. For instance, Wagamama opened a click-and-collect kitchen at the start of 2022 but closed later the same year. Other stores that have closed down over the years include Outfit, Mamas and Papas, Harveys, Toys R Us, and Toolstation.
Opening hours can vary by retailer. Most stores operate on the following general hours:
- Monday – Friday: 9 am – 8 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 6 pm
- Sunday: 11 am – 5 pm
However, supermarkets, coffee shops, and restaurants may have extended hours, starting earlier or closing later. Check individual websites to confirm hours before visiting.
Location of Deepdale Retail Park and Getting There
Deepdale Retail Park is situated on Blackpool Road, near Preston North End FC’s Deepdale stadium, just north of the city centre. The postcode for the shopping park is PR1 6QY. It is around 2 miles from Junction 31 of the M6 motorway, making it easily accessible for visitors from outside the area.
The site boasts a large car park with over 1,000 parking spaces. Customers enjoy free parking but check notices at the site for time restrictions and rules.
Morrisons and Currys are located to the east of the main shopping area. Using a satellite navigation system, use the postcode PR2 6BX to find these businesses.
CTD and Sally Beauty are located in units at Deepdale Trade Park, a small area west of the site.
For those using public transport, bus service 48 from Preston Bus Station stops near Deepdale.
The closest train station is Preston, around 2 miles away.
Cycle parking is available for those travelling by bike.
Other Retail Parks in Preston
Deepdale Retail Park is the largest retail park in Preston. Other shopping parks in the city include the Capitol Centre, Queens Shopping Park, and Fulwood Central.
The Capitol Centre is a large retail and leisure park in Walton-le-Dale. It hosts several popular high-street brands, including Next, Currys, and Boots, as well as a large Waitrose supermarket. The Capitol Centre also boasts a Vue Cinema and several restaurants, making it a shopping destination and a leisure hub.
Queens Shopping Park is just off the A6 on Queen Street. While smaller than the Capitol Centre and Deepdale, it offers a focused selection of stores, including Smyths, Aldi, and The Range. Its central location makes it a convenient shopping destination for those living or working in the city centre.
Fulwood Central is one of the newest retail parks in the city, having opened in 2019. It is located in the Fulwood area and features an Aldi supermarket, a Burger King restaurant, and several other retailers and eateries. Despite its recent establishment, Fulwood Central has quickly become a popular shopping destination.
While each of these retail developments has appeal, Deepdale Retail Park stands out due to its size and variety of retailers.