The Galleries Shopping Centre is located in the heart of Wigan town centre. It comprises The Galleries, the Makinson Arcade, and Marketgate; three unique areas connected by various walkways and squares.
The centre is home to around 60 independent and high street shops. The Galleries is the biggest area.
List of Shops
Shops and places to eat and drink at the Galleries Shopping Centre are:
- Beauty Spot Warehouse – Hair extensions and beauty products.
- Beaverbrooks – Jewellers.
- Beverly Hills Nails – Nail care, spray tanning etc.
- Bodycare – Health and beauty products.
- Bonmarche – Womenswear.
- Book-Cycle – Charity bookshop.
- Brucciani – Cafe.
- Card Factory – Greeting cards, wrapping, gifts, and party products.
- Cawley Jewellers
- Claire’s – Fashion accessories.
- Cloudstix – E-cigarettes.
- Country Larder – Cafe.
- Designer Clearance
- Ernest Jones – Jewellery and watches.
- Food Box
- Funky Figures
- Games N More – Video games, consoles, model kits, vinyl records etc.
- Glamour Point – Fragrances and cosmetics.
- H&T Pawnbrokers
- H.Samuel – Jewellery.
- Health Rack – Health supplements, sports nutrition, aromatherapy products etc.
- Heron Foods – Grocery store.
- Home Bargains – Discount store.
- Mr Allan – Independent jewellery store.
- Niamh & Ruby’s – Designer clothes for babies and toddlers.
- Phone Zone – Mobile phones and accessories.
- Poundbakery – Pies, pasties, sandwiches etc.
- Poundland – Discount store.
- Princess Nails
- Pringles Jewellers – Jewellery and watches.
- Realbuzz Wigan – Running and fitness store.
- Regis – Hair salon.
- Savers – Health, beauty, and home products.
- Select – Womenswear.
- Shoe Zone – Footwear.
- Simply Fashion
- Storehouse Project
- Terry’s – Cards and gifts.
- The Jeweller’s Workbench – Jewellery and jewellery repairs.
- The Pop Up
- The Royal Bank of Scotland
- The Royal Perfumery – Designer fragrances.
- The Works – Books, stationery, toys and games, craft supplies etc.
- Thorntons – Confectionery.
- Time-Piece Watch Repairs
- Timpson – Shoe repairs, key cutting, engraving etc.
- Toffee Ron’s – Sweet shop.
- Toni&Guy – Hair salon.
- Uptown Diner – Cafe.
- Varanni – Footwear.
- Wigan Steam
- Yours Clothing
Details were last checked on Friday 1st of March 2019.
Morrisons and Argos closed in 2016. The Peacocks store here closed in 2012 when the fashion chain went into administration. Clarks and New Look moved their Wigan stores to the Grand Arcade at the beginning of 2015.
Standard opening times are Monday to Saturday 9 am to 5.30 pm, and Sunday 11 am to 5 pm. Individual store hours may vary.
The centre boasts its own multi-storey car park with spaces for 625 vehicles. The entrance is situated on Mesnes Street (use the postcode WN1 1QP to find it with a satellite navigation system). Parking fees apply.
Map showing location of Galleries Shopping Centre.
Galleries Shopping Centre
Address and postcode