Golden Square is the main shopping centre in Warrington town centre.
A major extension in 2007 saw the number of shops and floor space double. It is now home to around 130 shops and places to eat and drink.
The largest stores at Golden Square are Primark, Boots, and Iceland. Debenhams closed in 2020. Marks and Spencer closed in 2017.
The mall also boasts a tenpin bowling centre (Superbowl UK).
List of Shops
Shops, restaurants, and places to eat and drink are listed below.
- Ann Summers – Lingerie etc.
- Baked Potato
- Barclays – Bank.
- Barley Mow
- Barrhead Travel
- Be Beauty
- Beaverbrooks – Jewellers.
- Bodycare – Health and beauty products.
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- Boots Opticians – Opticians.
- Brewed Boy Coffee Co.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop – Create a personalised furry friend.
- Caffe Nero – Coffeehouse.
- Candy Cellar
- Card Express
- Card Factory – Greeting cards, wrapping, gifts, and party products.
- Cash Generator – Buys and sells goods, cheque cashing, money transfers etc.
- CEX Computers
- Chisholm Hunter – Jewellery and watches.
- Claire’s – Fashion accessories.
- Clintons – Cards, gifts, wrapping, party supplies etc.
- Costa – Coffee shop.
- Deichmann – Footwear.
- Dorado Lounge
- Dough Dough
- Dressing Room
- EE – Mobile phones, tablets etc.
- Ernest Jones – Jewellery and watches.
- Foot Locker – Sports footwear and apparel.
- Game – Video games, consoles, and accessories.
- Goldsmiths – Jewellery and watches.
- Greggs – Bakery.
- H.Samuel – Jewellers.
- H&M – Fashion.
- Hatters Bloom
- Hay’s Travel
- HMV – Music, DVDs, games, books, gifts etc.
- Holland & Barrett – Food supplements, vitamins etc.
- Iceland – Frozen foods and groceries.
- In-Time Watch & Jewellery Repairs
- JD – Sports fashion and trainers.
- Kenji – Homeware, kitchenware, stationery, fashion accessories etc.
- Lloyds – Bank.
- Lush – Natural hair and beauty products.
- MenKind – Gifts for men.
- Millets – Outdoor clothing and equipment.
- Millie’s Cookies – Cookies, muffins, coffee etc.
- Minoti – Childrenswear.
- Mobile World
- Nando’s – Restaurant known for its Portuguese peri-peri chicken.
- New Look – Fashion.
- Next – Fashion.
- NM Money
- O2 – Mobile phones.
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Paperchase – Stationery, cards, art materials, gifts etc.
- Poundbakery – Discount bakery.
- Primark – Discount fashion store.
- Quiz – Women’s fashion.
- Regis – Hair salon.
- Rhode Island Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- River Island – Fashion.
- Schuh – Footwear.
- Scotts – Menswear.
- Select – Fashion.
- Shipton & Co
- Shoe HQ – Footwear.
- Shoe Zone – Footwear.
- Specsavers – Opticians.
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse.
- Superbowl UK
- Superdrug – Healthcare, beauty, and cosmetic products.
- Swarovski – Crystal jewellery, accessories and decorative items.
- Technically Brilliant Art
- Tessuti – Designer clothing.
- TH Nails
- The Bodyshop
- The Eggfree Cake Box
- The Entertainer – Toys and games.
- The Fragrance Shop – Perfumes and beauty products.
- The Perfume Shop – Fragrances.
- The Works – Books, stationery, toys and games, craft supplies etc.
- Three (3) Store
- Tim Hortons
- Timpson – Shoe repairs, signs, engraving, watch straps, key cutting etc.
- TK Maxx – Discount store offering men’s and women’s clothing, footwear, accessories, and home decor.
- Top Gift
- Trespass – Outdoor clothing, camping equipment etc.
- Vintage Viola
- VIP Cigarette
- Vision Express – Opticians.
- Vodafone – Mobile phones.
- Warren James – Jewellery.
- Warrington Foodbank
- Warrington Runner
- Waterstones – Books.
- WHSmith – Books, magazines, stationery etc.
- White Lace Cakes
- Wilkinson Cameras – Cameras, lenses, lighting, camcorders, binoculars, and more.
- Wilko – Homeware and household goods.
Listings were last updated on .
Facilities include a customer information desk, toilets, baby changing facilities, a Shopmobility scheme, cash machines, and a car park.
There are numerous places to eat and drink. Restaurants and cafes include ASK Italian, Caffe Nero, Costa, Nandos, and Starbucks.
The Golden Square shopping centre is located to the north west of Warrington town centre.
Warrington Bus Interchange is linked directly to the mall. Warrington Central Train Station is just a short walk away.
The entrance to the car park is situated on Leigh Street. Visitor using satellite navigation systems can use the postcode for the Warrington Travelodge to find it (WA1 1UZ). The car park has spaces for 1,700 vehicles. Free parking is offered on Sundays and after 4 pm on Thursdays (late night shopping).