Golden Square is the main shopping centre in Warrington town centre.
A major extension in 2007 saw the number of shops and floor space double. It is now home to around 130 shops and places to eat and drink.
The largest stores at Golden Square are Primark, Boots, and Iceland. Debenhams closed in 2020. Marks and Spencer closed in 2017.
The mall also boasts a tenpin bowling centre (Superbowl UK).
List of Shops
Shops, restaurants, and places to eat and drink are listed below.
- Accessories 4 U
- American Candy Empire
- Ann Summers – Lingerie etc.
- Baked Potato
- Barclays – Bank.
- Barrhead Travel
- Be Beauty
- Beaverbrooks – Jewellers.
- Bodycare – Health and beauty products.
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- Boots Opticians – Opticians.
- Caffe Nero – Coffeehouse.
- Capelli Remi
- Card Express
- Card Factory – Greeting cards, wrapping, gifts, and party products.
- Case & Case Fine Jewellers
- Cash Generator – Buys and sells goods, cheque cashing, money transfers etc.
- CEX Computers
- Chisholm Hunter – Jewellery and watches.
- ChopstiX Noodle bar
- Claire’s – Fashion accessories.
- Clarks – Footwear.
- Clintons – Cards, gifts, wrapping, party supplies etc.
- Costa – Coffee shop.
- Deichmann – Footwear.
- Destiny Fashion
- Dorado Lounge
- Dressing Room
- EE – Mobile phones, tablets etc.
- Ernest Jones – Jewellery and watches.
- Eurochange – Foreign currency exchange, money transfers etc.
- Foot Locker – Sports footwear and apparel.
- Go Outdoors Express
- Goldsmiths – Jewellery and watches.
- Greggs – Bakery.
- H.Samuel – Jewellers.
- H&M – Fashion.
- H&T Pawnbrokers
- Hay’s Travel
- HMV – Music, DVDs, games, books, gifts etc.
- Holland & Barrett – Food supplements, vitamins etc.
- Iceland – Frozen foods and groceries.
- In-Time Watch & Jewellery Repairs
- Jamaica Blue
- JD – Sports fashion and trainers.
- Jungle Mania
- Kenji – Homeware, kitchenware, stationery, fashion accessories etc.
- Kingswood Candle Company
- Leading Labels
- Lloyds – Bank.
- Lush – Natural hair and beauty products.
- Millie’s Cookies – Cookies, muffins, coffee etc.
- Mobile World
- Nando’s – Restaurant known for its Portuguese peri-peri chicken.
- New Look – Fashion.
- Next – Fashion.
- O2 – Mobile phones.
- One Beyond
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Paperchase – Stationery, cards, art materials, gifts etc.
- PJ’s Jewellers Extra
- Planet Doughnut
- Poppingo Bubble Tea
- Poundbakery – Discount bakery.
- Primark – Discount fashion store.
- Quiz – Women’s fashion.
- Regis – Hair salon.
- Rhode Island Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- River Island – Fashion.
- Schuh – Footwear.
- Scotts – Menswear.
- Select – Fashion.
- Shoe HQ – Footwear.
- Shoe Zone – Footwear.
- Skechers – Footwear.
- Specsavers – Opticians.
- Spektrum Apparel
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse.
- Superbowl UK
- Superdrug – Healthcare, beauty, and cosmetic products.
- Swarovski – Crystal jewellery, accessories and decorative items.
- Technically Brilliant Art
- Tessuti – Designer clothing.
- TH Nails
- The Bodyshop
- The Coffee House
- The Eggfree Cake Box
- The Entertainer – Toys and games.
- The Fragrance Shop – Perfumes and beauty products.
- The Perfume Shop – Fragrances.
- The Works – Books, stationery, toys and games, craft supplies etc.
- Three (3) Store
- Tim Hortons
- Timpson – Shoe repairs, key cutting, engraving etc.
- TK Maxx – Discount store offering men’s and women’s clothing, footwear, accessories, and home decor.
- Top Gift
- Trespass – Outdoor clothing, camping equipment etc.
- Turret Orthodontics
- VIP Cigarette
- Vision Express – Opticians.
- Vodafone – Mobile phones.
- Warren James – Jewellery.
- Warrington Foodbank
- Waterstones – Books.
- WHSmith – Books, magazines, stationery etc.
- White Lace Cakes
- Wilkinson Cameras – Cameras, lenses, lighting, camcorders, binoculars, and more.
- Wilko – Homeware and household goods.
- Yankee Candle – Scented candles.
Listings were last updated on .
Facilities include a customer information desk, toilets, baby changing facilities, a Shopmobility scheme, cash machines, and a car park.
There are numerous places to eat and drink. Restaurants and cafes include ASK Italian, Caffe Nero, Costa, Nandos, and Starbucks.
The Golden Square shopping centre is located to the north west of Warrington town centre.
Warrington Bus Interchange is linked directly to the mall. Warrington Central Train Station is just a short walk away.
The entrance to the car park is situated on Leigh Street. Visitor using satellite navigation systems can use the postcode for the Warrington Travelodge to find it (WA1 1UZ). The car park has spaces for 1,700 vehicles. Free parking is offered on Sundays and after 4 pm on Thursdays (late night shopping).