Golden Square is the main shopping centre in Warrington town centre.
A major extension in 2007 saw the number of shops and floor space double. It is now home to around 130 shops and places to eat and drink.
The largest stores at Golden Square are Debenhams, Primark, Boots, and Iceland. Marks and Spencer closed in 2017.
The mall also boasts a tenpin bowling centre (Superbowl UK).
List of Shops
Shops, restaurants, and places to eat and drink are listed below.
- Ann Summers – Lingerie etc.
- Barclays – Bank.
- Barley Mow
- Barrhead Travel
- Be Beauty
- Beaverbrooks – Jewellers.
- Blow Salon
- Bodycare – Health and beauty products.
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- Boots Opticians – Opticians.
- Brewed Boy Coffee Co.
- BrightHouse – Rent-to-own retail store offering furniture and electrical appliances.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop – Create a personalised furry friend.
- Burton – Menswear.
- Caffe Nero – Coffeehouse.
- Card Express
- Card Factory – Greeting cards, wrapping, gifts, and party products.
- Carphone Warehouse – Mobile phones.
- CEX Computers
- Chisholm Hunter – Jewellery and watches.
- Claire’s – Fashion accessories.
- Clintons – Cards, gifts, wrapping, party supplies etc.
- Costa – Coffee shop.
- Deichmann – Footwear.
- Dorado Lounge
- Dorothy Perkins – Womenswear.
- EE – Mobile phones, tablets etc.
- Ernest Jones – Jewellery and watches.
- Evans – Plus-size womenswear, lingerie, and swimwear.
- Foot Locker – Sports footwear and apparel.
- Game – Video games, consoles, and accessories.
- Goldsmiths – Jewellery and watches.
- Greggs – Bakery.
- H.Samuel – Jewellers.
- H&M – Fashion.
- Hay’s Travel
- Hiz Roomz
- HMV – Music, DVDs, games, books, gifts etc.
- Holland & Barrett – Food supplements, vitamins etc.
- Iceland – Frozen foods and groceries.
- In-Time Watch & Jewellery Repairs
- JD – Sports fashion and trainers.
- Kenji – Homeware, kitchenware, stationery, fashion accessories etc.
- Lloyds – Bank.
- Lush – Natural hair and beauty products.
- MenKind – Gifts for men.
- Millets – Outdoor clothing and equipment.
- Millie’s Cookies – Cookies, muffins, coffee etc.
- Minoti – Childrenswear.
- Mobility Living Store
- Nando’s – Restaurant known for its Portuguese peri-peri chicken.
- New Look – Fashion.
- Next – Fashion.
- NM Money
- O2 – Mobile phones.
- Oasis – Women’s fashion.
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Paperchase – Stationery, cards, art materials, gifts etc.
- Pinky Peach Boutique
- Poundbakery – Discount bakery.
- Primark – Discount fashion store.
- Quiz – Women’s fashion.
- Regis – Hair salon.
- Rhode Island Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- River Island – Fashion.
- Schuh – Footwear.
- Scotts – Menswear.
- Select – Fashion.
- Shipton & Co
- Shoe HQ – Footwear.
- Shoe Zone – Footwear.
- Smiggle – Colourful stationery from Australia.
- Specsavers – Opticians.
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse.
- Superbowl UK
- Superdrug – Healthcare, beauty, and cosmetic products.
- Swarovski – Crystal jewellery, accessories and decorative items.
- Tessuti – Designer clothing.
- The Bodyshop
- The Entertainer – Toys and games.
- The Fragrance Shop – Perfumes and beauty products.
- The Perfume Shop – Fragrances.
- The Works – Books, stationery, toys and games, craft supplies etc.
- Thorntons – Confectionery.
- Three (3) Store
- Tim Hortons
- Timpson – Shoe repairs, signs, engraving, watch straps, key cutting etc.
- TK Maxx – Discount store offering men’s and women’s clothing, footwear, accessories, and home decor.
- Topshop / Topman
- Trespass – Outdoor clothing, camping equipment etc.
- TUI – Travel agent.
- USC – Fashion.
- VIP Cigarette
- Vision Express – Opticians.
- Vodafone – Mobile phones.
- Warren James – Jewellery.
- Waterstones – Books.
- WHSmith – Books, magazines, stationery etc.
- Wilkinson Cameras – Cameras, lenses, lighting, camcorders, binoculars, and more.
- Wilko – Homeware and household goods.
Listings were last updated on .
Facilities include a customer information desk, toilets, baby changing facilities, a Shopmobility scheme, cash machines, and a car park.
There are numerous places to eat and drink. Restaurants and cafes include ASK Italian, Caffe Nero, Costa, Nandos, Starbucks, and the Barley Mow pub.
The Golden Square shopping centre is located to the north west of Warrington town centre.
Warrington Bus Interchange is linked directly to the mall. Warrington Central Train Station is just a short walk away.
The entrance to the car park is situated on Leigh Street. Visitor using satellite navigation systems can use the postcode for the Warrington Travelodge to find it (WA1 1UZ). The car park has spaces for 1,700 vehicles. Free parking is offered on Sundays and after 4 pm on Thursdays (late night shopping).
Map showing location of Golden Square.
Address and postcode
Old Market Square