Wigan’s Grand Arcade shopping centre opened in March 2007 and was a welcome addition to the town’s retail landscape.
List of Shops
Shops and places to eat and drink at Grand Arcade include:
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- Caffe Nero – Coffeehouse.
- Chisholm Hunter – Jewellery and watches.
- Clarks – Footwear.
- Clintons – Cards, gifts, wrapping etc.
- Costa – Coffeehouse.
- Deichmann – Footwear for men, women, and children.
- EE – Mobile phones, tablets etc.
- Eurochange – Foreign currency exchange, money transfers etc.
- Game – Video games and consoles.
- H&M – Fashion.
- HMV – Music, DVDs, games, books, gifts etc.
- Holland & Barrett – Vitamins, minerals, herbal supplements etc.
- HSBC – Bank.
- Hurley – Designer clothing.
- JD – Sports fashion and trainers.
- Le Petit Four – French cafe/bakery.
- Millie’s Cookies – Cookies, muffins, coffee etc.
- Muffin Break – Muffins and beverages.
- New Look – Fashion.
- O2 – Mobile phones.
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Post Office
- Poundland and Pep&Co
- River Island – Fashion.
- Schuh – Footwear.
- Sky – TV and broadband.
- Smiggle – Colourful stationery from Australia.
- Sports Direct – Sportswear, footwear, and sports equipment.
- Superdrug – Healthcare, beauty, and cosmetic products.
- The Body Shop – Ethical make-up, skin and body-care products.
- The Fragrance Shop – Perfumes and beauty products.
- The Perfume Shop – Fragrances.
- Three – Mobile phones.
- Time-Piece Watch Repairs
- Vodafone – Mobile phones.
- Waterstones – Books.
- Wilko – Homeware and household goods.
Listings were last updated on .
In 2015 Clarks and New Look moved their Wigan stores here from the Galleries Shopping Centre. BHS entered administration in 2016. Other shops that are no longer at the Grand Arcade include Marks & Spencer, Bank, Republic, La Senza, Ann Summers, and JJB Sports.
The Casino Café, the eating area on the Upper Mall (first floor), takes its name from the legendary Wigan Casino nightclub that used to stand on the site of the mall. Restaurants here are Coffee Delight and Le Petit Four. There’s a small exhibition documenting the Wigan Casino and Northern Soul music.
The Grand Arcade is open seven days a week. Opening hours are Monday to Saturday 9 am to 5.30 pm and Sundays 10.30 am to 4.30 pm. For Christmas opening hours visit the official Grand Arcade website.
The shopping centre is situated in Wigan town centre, bounded by Standishgate, Crompton Street, Riverway, and Millgate. It is within easy walking distance of Wigan Bus Station, and Wigan Wallgate and Wigan North Western train stations.
The Grand Arcade boasts two multi-storey car parks. The Millgate Car Park offers 600 spaces while the Crompton Street Car Park can accommodate around 250 vehicles.
Facilities include toilets, baby changing, a customer service desk, free wireless internet access, and cash machines.