On our last visit to Blackburn town centre the streets were fairly empty. We wondered if Blackburn Rovers had reached the final of the FA Cup and the whole town had decamped for Wembley. This farfetched thought was put to rest when we entered The Mall. The place was absolutely rammed.
Attracting over 13 million shoppers every year, The Mall is Blackburn’s premier retail destination. It opened in 1979 but has seen significant expansion and improvement projects over the years.
July 2010 saw the completion of a £66 million extension and the addition of more than 100,000 square feet of retail space. Over 20 new shops, including a 50,000 square foot Primark store, moved into the new area.
The following year Blackburn Market relocated to the ground floor of The Mall. The modern market features over 120 stalls selling everything that would be found in a traditional market. The new Blackburn Market also boasts a large food court with a number of cafes, delis, and takeaways.
List of Shops
Shops and places to eat and drink at The Mall Blackburn are:
- Ann Summers – Lingerie etc.
- B&M Bargains – Variety retailer.
- Beauty Spot Warehouse – Hair extensions and beauty products.
- Betfred – Bookmakers.
- Bodycare – Health and beauty products.
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- Boots Opticians – Opticians.
- British Heart Foundation – Charity store.
- Burger King – Fast food restaurant.
- Card Factory – Greeting cards, wrapping, gifts, and party products.
- Carphone Warehouse – Mobile phones.
- Chris Shan Jewellers – Independent jewellery store.
- Claire’s – Fashion accessories for women and girls.
- Clarks – Footwear.
- Clintons – Cards, gifts, wrapping etc.
- Costa Coffee Ainsworth Street
- Costa Coffee Lord Street Mall
- DaVinci – Menswear.
- Debenhams – Department store.
- Deichmann – Footwear for men, women, and children.
- EE – Telecommunications.
- El Taco Loco – Mexican restaurant.
- Erin's Place
- Ernest Jones – Jewellery and watches.
- Eyebrow Beauty
- Footasylum – Trainers, clothing and fashion accessories.
- Game – Video games, consoles, and accessories.
- Gems – Fashion.
- Greggs Ainsworth Street
- Greggs King William Street
- Greggs Market Way
- H&H News – Newsagents.
- H&M – Fashion.
- H&T Pawnbrokers
- Hasty Tasty Pizza – Pizzeria.
- Herbal Inn – Chinese health treatments.
- Holland & Barrett – Vitamins, minerals, herbal supplements etc.
- Home and Fragrance
- H.Samuel – Jewellers.
- Jack & Jones – Menswear.
- JD – Sports fashion and trainers.
- KFC – Fried chicken.
- Krispy Kreme – Doughnuts.
- Max Spielmann – Photo printing and gifts.
- Millie’s Cookies – Cookies, cupcakes, muffins, ice cream, and beverages.
- Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe – Retro and modern sweets.
- Muffin Break – Muffins and beverages.
- New Look – Fashion.
- Next – Fashion.
- NM Money
- O2 – Mobile phones.
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Peter Jackson – Jewellery.
- Phones Hut
- Posh Nails
- Post Office
- Poundbakery – Pies, pasties, sandwiches etc.
- Poundland – Discount store.
- Primark – Discount fashion store.
- PureGym – No-contract gym.
- Rebound Books – Second-hand book shop.
- RED.60 – Women’s fashion.
- Rhode Island Coffee – Coffeehouse.
- River Island – Fashion.
- Ryman – Stationery.
- Santander – Bank.
- Shoe Zone – Footwear.
- Signature Vapour
- Sky – TV and broadband.
- Smiggle – Colourful stationery from Australia.
- Specsavers – Opticians.
- Sports Direct – Sportswear, footwear, and sports equipment.
- Stems – Florist.
- Subway – Subs made to order.
- Supercuts – Hair salon.
- Superdrug – Healthcare, beauty, and cosmetic products.
- Tessuti – Designer clothing.
- The Barbers Shop
- The Body Shop – Ethical make-up, skin and body-care products.
- The Entertainer – Toys and games.
- The Fragrance Shop – Perfumes and beauty products.
- The Perfume Shop – Fragrances.
- The Works – Books, stationery, toys and games, craft supplies etc.
- Thomas Cook – Travel agent.
- Thorntons – Confectionery.
- Three – Mobile phones and telecommunications.
- Time-Piece Watch Repairs – Watch and jewellery repairs.
- Topman – Menswear.
- Topshop – Womenswear.
- Trespass – Outdoor clothing, camping equipment etc.
- TUI – Travel agent.
- Unique Beauty 4u – Threading and beauty treatments.
- VIP – Vaping and electronic cigarettes.
- Virgin Media – TV, broadband, mobile etc.
- Vision Express – Opticians.
- Vodafone – Mobile phones.
- Warren James – Jewellery.
- WHSmith – Books, newspapers, magazines, stationery etc.
- Wilko – Homeware and household goods.
- Yours – Plus-size clothing for women.
- Yummy Cup Corn
Listings were last updated on .
The Mall is open every day of the week. Opening times are Monday to Saturday 9 am to 5.30 pm, and Sunday 10.30 am to 4.30 pm. Sunday hours apply on bank holidays. Blackburn Market is open Monday to Saturday. Opening hours are 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
Facilities at The Mall include public toilets (plus disabled), baby changing area, and free WiFi.
The Mall is situated in the heart of Blackburn town centre. It offers a three-level car park and parking charges are fairly reasonable. The car park entrance is on Astley Street near the Sun pub. The centre’s management recommend using the postcode BB2 2DQ to find it.
Map showing location of The Mall Blackburn.
The Mall Blackburn
Address and postcode