The Manchester Arndale, known as the Arndale Centre to many locals, is one of the biggest shopping centres in the UK.
Over 200 stores are spread over two levels. The centre is completely covered and boasts three large squares; Winter Garden, Exchange Court, and Halle Square.
Large stores here include Aldi, Argos, Boots, Clas Ohlson, Next, Scotts, Sports Direct, TK Maxx, Topman and Topshop, Wilko, and WHSmith.
List of Shops
Shops at the Manchester Arndale are:
- Accessorize – Women’s fashion accessories.
- Aldi – Supermarket.
- Aleef – Newsagents.
- AllSaints – Fashion.
- Ann Summers – Lingerie etc.
- Apple – Mac computers, iPads, iPhones etc.
- Argos – Catalogue store.
- Aspecto – Fashion.
- Bagel Nash – Cafe.
- Bags Etc. – Handbags, luggage, travel bags, and travel accessories.
- Baytree Interiors – Home accessories, home furnishings, furniture, lighting etc.
- Beaverbrooks – Jewellers.
- Bella Italia – Italian restaurant.
- Bobo Tea – Bubble tea.
- Bodycare – Health and beauty products.
- Boost – Juice bar.
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- Boux Avenue - Lingerie, nightwear, swimwear, and accessories.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop – Create a personalised animal.
- Burton – Menswear.
- Caffe Nero – Coffeehouse.
- Card Factory – Greeting cards, wrapping, gifts, and party products.
- Carphone Warehouse – Mobile phones.
- Centros Unico – Laser hair removal.
- CEX – Buy, sell, or exchange technology and entertainment products (phones, games, DVDs etc.).
- Chisholm Hunter – Jewellery and watches.
- Cigtronica – Electronic cigarettes.
- City Store
- Claire’s – Fashion accessories.
- Clarks – Footwear.
- Clas Ohlson – Home products, electrical goods, multimedia, hardware, and leisure products.
- Clintons – Cards, gifts, wrapping, party supplies etc.
- Coffee Break – Cafe.
- Coral – Bookmakers.
- Costa – Coffee shop.
- Creative Eyebrows – Kiosk offering eyebrow threading and waxing.
- Currys PC World – Electronics and appliances.
- Decent Cut – Salon specialising in Afro and Asian hair.
- Deichmann – Footwear.
- Disney Store - Official Disney merchandise.
- Dorothy Perkins – Womenswear.
- Dr Martens – Iconic footwear.
- Drome – Fashion.
- Druckers – Cafe.
- Dune – Shoes, bags, and fashion accessories.
- Duty Free – Cosmetics, jewellery, hair extensions, and fashion accessories.
- DW Sports – Sports clothing and equipment.
- EAT – Cafe.
- Ecco – Shoes.
- EE – Mobile phones, tablets etc.
- Emily’s Paint a Pot
- Ernest Jones – Jewellery and watches.
- Eurochange – Foreign currency exchange.
- Evans – Plus-size womenswear, lingerie, and swimwear.
- Fantastic Nails & Beauty
- Fantastic Nails & Spray Tan
- Five Guys – Gourmet burgers.
- Footasylum – Trainers, streetwear and sportswear.
- Foot Locker – Trainers and sportswear.
- Fossil – Accessories (watches, bags, jewellery etc.).
- Fruteiro Do Brasil – Juice and smoothie bar.
- Fuel – Juice bar.
- Game – Video games, consoles, and accessories.
- Games Workshop – Miniature wargaming.
- Gino D’Acampo
- GNC – Sports nutrition.
- Goldsmiths – Jewellery and watches.
- Greggs – Bakery.
- G-Star Raw – Denim fashion.
- H&M – Fashion.
- H.Samuel – Jewellery.
- Halifax – Bank.
- Hasty Tasty Pizza – Pizzeria.
- Hidden Corner – Fancy dress, party gear, and accessories.
- HMV – Music, DVDs, games, books, gifts etc.
- Holland & Barrett – Food supplements, vitamins etc.
- Hollister – Fashion inspired by California.
- HomeSense – Furniture, kitchenware, soft furnishings, bedding lighting, bathroom accessories etc.
- Hotel Chocolat – Chocolatier.
- House of CB London – Ladieswear.
- Imzi – Kiosk offering mobile phone accessories and cases.
- In-Time – Watch repairs, replacement watch straps, watch batteries etc.
- Jacamo – Menswear.
- Jake – Footwear.
- JD (Halle Square)
- Jessops – Cameras, lenses, camcorders, lighting etc.
- Kids Foot Locker – Children’s shoes.
- Kiko Milano – Italian cosmetics.
- Kim-Creative.com – Hair salon.
- Krispy Kreme – Doughnuts.
- LEGO – LEGO and official LEGO merchandise.
- Levi’s – Fashion.
- Lindt – Chocolatier.
- Lipsy – Women’s clothing.
- Lovisa – Fashion jewellery.
- Luke – Menswear.
- Lush – Natural hair and beauty products.
- Luvyababes – Fancy dress shop.
- MenKind – Gifts for men.
- Millie’s Cookies – Cookies, muffins, coffee etc.
- Miss Selfridge – Womenswear.
- Mobile Technician – Kiosk selling smartphone cases and accessories.
- Mooboo – Bubble tea.
- Nando’s – Peri-peri chicken.
- New Look – Fashion.
- Newspoint – Newsagents.
- Next – Fashion.
- O2 – Mobile phones.
- Oasis – Women’s fashion.
- Office – Footwear.
- Over The Rainbow – Newsagents.
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Paperchase – Stationery, cards, art materials, gifts etc.
- Paul’s Hair & Beauty World
- PerfectHome – Weekly payment store (furniture, appliances, technology etc.).
- Pizza Hut – Pizza restaurant.
- Poundland – Discount store.
- Poundworld – Discount store.
- Predator Nutrition
- Radley – Women’s bags, purses, and fashion accessories.
- River Island – Fashion.
- Rollers – Bakery and cafe.
- Rowntree’s Cafe
- Ryman – Stationery.
- Samsung – Cameras, smartphones, wearables, home appliances, TVs etc.
- Schuh – Footwear.
- Scotts – Menswear.
- Scotts JNR – Designer clothes for children and teens.
- Second Cup – Cafe.
- Sergeant Caesar Barber Shop
- Shoe Zone – Footwear.
- Simply Be – Womenswear.
- Size? – Footwear.
- Sky – TV, broadband etc.
- Smiggle – Colourful stationery from Australia.
- SockShop – Socks, tights, underwear etc.
- Specsavers – Opticians.
- Sports Direct – Sportswear, footwear, and sports equipment.
- Starbucks – Coffeehouse.
- Subway – Subs made to order.
- Supercuts – Hair salon.
- Superdrug – Healthcare, beauty, and cosmetic products.
- Superdry – Fashion.
- Swarovski – Crystal jewellery, accessories and decorative items.
- Swatch – Watches.
- The Birdcage – Cabaret bar.
- The Body Shop – Ethical make-up, skin and body-care products.
- The Entertainer – Toys and games.
- The Fragrance Shop – Perfumes and beauty products.
- The Perfume Shop – Fragrances.
- The Watch Lab – Watch repairs.
- The Works – Books, stationery, toys and games, craft supplies etc.
- Thomas Cook – Travel agent.
- Thomas Sabo – Jewellery.
- Thorntons – Confectionery.
- Three – Telecommunications.
- Timpson – Shoe repairs, signs, engraving, watch straps, key cutting etc.
- TK Maxx – Discount store offering men’s and women’s clothing, footwear, accessories, and home decor.
- Topman – Menswear.
- Topshop – Womenswear.
- TUI – Travel agent.
- Urban Outfitters – Fashion.
- USC – Fashion.
- Vans – American footwear.
- Victoria’s Secret – Lingerie.
- Victoria’s Secret Pink
- Vision Express – Opticians.
- Vodafone – Mobile phones.
- Warren James – Jewellery.
- Waterstones – Books.
- WHSmith – Books, newspapers, magazines, stationery etc.
- Wilko – Homeware and household goods.
- Yankee Candle – Scented candles.
- YO! Sushi – Japanese restaurant.
- Yours – Plus-size clothing for women.
Details were last checked on Monday 5th of February 2018.
New Cathedral Street
A footbridge crosses Corporation Street and connects the centre to New Cathedral Street and stores such as M&S, Selfridges, Zara, Ted Baker, and Harvey Nichols.
- 7 For All Mankind – Fashion.
- Burberry – Luxury British fashion label.
- Harvey Nichols – Department store.
- Hugo Boss – Fashion.
- M&S – Department store.
- Michael Kors – Fashion, footwear, and accessories.
- Reiss – Fashion.
- Selfridges – Department store.
- Ted Baker – Fashion.
- UGG Australia – Footwear, clothing, and accessories.
- ZARA – Fashion.
The Arndale Market is located on the eastern side of the centre. It is divided into two sections; food/restaurants and non-food.
The food market offers a butchers, greengrocer, and fishmongers. Small eateries and deli counters offer dishes from all around the world.
The non-food area of the market features a wide variety of stalls selling products such as shoes, clothes, electrical goods, beauty products, mobile phones, bags, jewellery, and cards. Services like shoe repairs, key cutting, computer repairs, manicures, pedicures, and hairdressing are also available.
The 800-seat Food Court offers fast food outlets including KFC and McDonald’s. It’s on the Market Street side of the centre.
- Chopstix Noodle Bar
- KFC – Fried chicken.
- McDonald’s – Burgers and fast food.
- Spudulike – Baked potatoes and toppings.
- Subway – Subs made to order.
- Taco Bell – Mexican (tacos, burritos, nachos etc.).
- Wing’s – Chinese.
Restaurants elsewhere in the Arndale include Bella Italia, Nando’s, YO! Sushi, Druckers, EAT, and Pizza Hut.
Facilities at the centre include toilets, baby changing areas, cash machines, a customer information desk, prayer room, free WiFi, free phone charging stations, and lifts. A Shopmobility scheme is available.
Manchester Arndale is open seven days a week. Standard store opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 8 pm, Saturday 9 am to 7 pm, and Sunday 11.30 am to 5.30 pm.
The Arndale enjoys a prominent location in Manchester city centre, bounded by Corporation Street, Withy Grove, High Street and Market Street.
Visitor travelling by car and using satellite navigation systems should note that the postcode to use for the Manchester Arndale is M4 1AZ.
The NCP Manchester Arndale car park offers around 1400 spaces and is open 24 hours. The NCP Printworks car park (at Shudehill Interchange) is also nearby.
Shoppers arriving at Manchester Victoria Train Station can walk to the Arndale in just a couple of minutes. Manchester Piccadilly is around half-a-mile away. Free Metroshuttle buses leave from Piccadilly every few minutes and call at the Arndale and other locations around the city centre.
Address and postcode