Market Gate Shopping is a reasonably large shopping centre in Lancaster.
It houses around 20 businesses. Most are high street stores but there’s also a handful of local traders here.
The biggest stores are Primark, New Look, M&S, and WHSmith.
Shops and businesses at Market Gate Shopping are:
- Bodycare – Health and beauty products.
- Caffe Nero – Coffeehouse.
- Casa Rastelli – Italian cafe.
- Electromist – Electronic cigarettes.
- Eurochange – Foreign currency exchange, money transfers etc.
- Expressions – Jewellery, fashion accessories, and gifts.
- Fibbers – Irish pub.
- Gregory Williams – Butchers.
- Home Bargains – Discount store.
- Lakeland Gifts
- M&S – Department store.
- Marketgate Cobbler – Shoe repairs, key cutting, engraving etc.
- New Look – Fashion.
- Primark – Discount fashion store.
- Rachel Anne – Hair and beauty salon.
- Shoe Zone – Footwear.
- The Fragrance Shop – Perfumes and beauty products.
- The Sweet Emporium
- The Works – Books, stationery, toys and games, craft supplies etc.
- Waterstones – Books.
- WHSmith – Books, magazines, stationery etc.
Listings were last updated on .
Facilities include public toilets with baby changing area. The centre also offers a short-stay, pay-on-exit car park with spaces for 120 vehicles.
The centre is open seven days a week. Standard opening times at the centre are Monday to Saturday 9 am to 5.30 pm and Sunday 10.30 am to 4.30 pm. Individual store hours may vary.
Lancaster Market was here but closed in September 2012. Primark took its place in August 2016.
Lancaster Charter Market is held every Wednesday and Saturday on the streets to the north of the centre (Market Street, Market Square, and Cheapside).
Market Gate Shopping is located in the heart of Lancaster city centre, in the area bounded by Market Street, Penny Street, King Street, and Common Garden Street. Lancaster Bus Station and Lancaster Train Station are both within easy walking distance.