The Mill Gate Shopping Centre is a large shopping centre in Bury. It covers an area of over 400,000 square feet; a substantial proportion of the town centre.
There are around 120 shops at Mill Gate. Large stores and high street names here include Boots, New Look, HMV, WHSmith, Peacocks, and TJ Hughes.
Many of the other stores are local businesses.
List of Shops
Shops and places to eat and drink at the Mill Gate Shopping Centre are:
- Althams – Travel agents.
- Anytime Fitness – 24-hour gym.
- Bake Save – Discount bakery.
- Bap – Baguettes, baps, salad bowls etc.
- Beauty Brow Bar
- Beauty Spot Warehouse – Hair extensions and beauty products.
- Bella Boutique – Womenswear.
- Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary – Charity shop.
- Bodycare – Health and beauty products.
- Bond Street Shoes
- Bonmarche – Womenswear.
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- Boots Opticians – Opticians.
- Brides of Bury
- British Heart Foundation – Charity store.
- Bury Electronics – Electrical repairs (computers, laptops, mobile phones etc.), video games and consoles.
- Bury Hospice
- Cake Box
- Card Factory – Greeting cards, wrapping, gifts, and party products.
- Cardzone – Cards and gifts.
- Carphone Warehouse – Mobile phones.
- Cats Protection
- CEX – Buy, sell, or exchange technology and entertainment products (phones, games, DVDs etc.).
- Chatleys – Plus-size menswear.
- Chicken Cottage
- Clintons – Cards, gifts, wrapping etc.
- Coffee Creations – Cafe.
- Coffee House
- Coral – Bookmakers.
- Costa – Coffeehouse.
- David Spruce – Footwear.
- Desire Salon – Manicures, pedicures, waxing etc.
- EE – Mobile phones, tablets etc.
- Ernest Jones – Jewellery and watches.
- Essanbee Jewellers
- Eurochange – Foreign currency exchange.
- Exchange Utility – Energy consultants.
- Eyes ‘n’ Brows
- F Hinds
- Fork It – Hot dogs.
- Granellis Cafe
- Greggs – Bakery.
- H.Samuel – Jewellery.
- Habiknit – Sewing and craft supplies.
- Handbag Heaven – Handbags.
- Heron Foods – Frozen foods and groceries.
- HMV – Music, DVDs, games, books, gifts etc.
- Holland & Barrett – Vitamins, minerals, herbal supplements etc.
- Home Bargains – Discount store.
- IQ Pharmacy
- Jack Fulton – Grocery store.
- Kenji – Homeware, kitchenware, stationery, fashion accessories etc.
- Kodak Express – Digital printing, frames etc.
- Leckenby’s – Tea room offering afternoon tea, breakfast, sandwiches, salads etc.
- Loofe’s – Fashion.
- Luvyababes – Fancy dress shop.
- Max Spielmann – Photo printing and gifts.
- McDonald’s – Fast food.
- Minoti – Childrenswear.
- Miss X – Fashion.
- Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe – Retro and modern sweets.
- New Look – Fashion.
- News Corner – Newsagents.
- News Rack – Newsagents.
- Northern Glass – Double glazing.
- NS News – Newsagents.
- O2 – Mobile phones.
- Occasions – Fashion.
- Oxfam – Charity store.
- P2 – Jewellery and watches.
- PDSA – Charity store.
- Peacocks – Fashion.
- Perfect Fit by Carol – Bras and lingerie.
- Peter Lees – Hair and beauty salon.
- Pizza Pioneer – Pizzeria.
- Poundbakery – Discount bakery.
- Poundland – Discount store.
- Poundstretcher – Discount store.
- Princess Nails
- Quick Crepes – Coffee, crepes, waffles, desserts etc.
- Roman – Womenswear.
- RSPCA – Charity shop.
- Ryman – Stationery.
- Saks – Hair and beauty salon.
- Sally – Hair and beauty supplies.
- Santander – Bank.
- Savers – Health, beauty, and home products.
- Scoota Mart
- Shoe HQ – Footwear.
- Shoe Zone – Footwear.
- Sky – TV and broadband.
- Sofa Storm – Sofas.
- Specsavers – Opticians.
- Spring Gelato
- Strawberry Garden – Greengrocers.
- Barbers Corner – Hair salon.
- The Body Shop – Ethical make-up, skin and body-care products.
- The Fragrance Shop – Perfumes and beauty products.
- The Make-Up Store
- The Works – Books, stationery, toys and games, craft supplies etc.
- Thirsty Fish
- Thorntons – Confectionery.
- Three – Mobile phones.
- Time for Bed
- Time-Piece Watch Repairs
- Tim Hortons – Cafe and bake shop.
- Timpson – Shoe repairs, key cutting, engraving etc.
- TJ Hughes – Homewares, electrical goods, technology, beauty, fashion, and more.
- Top Gift
- Trisians – Cafe.
- Urban Menswear
- VIP – Vaping store.
- Vodafone – Mobile phones.
- Warren James – Jewellery.
- Waterstones – Books.
- WHSmith – Books, newspapers, magazines, stationery etc.
- Yates and Suddell – Opticians.
- You Know Who's
- Yours – Plus-size clothing.
Listings were last updated on .
Facilities include public toilets, baby changing areas, and cash machines.
The centre is open every day of the week. General opening hours are Monday to Saturday 9 am to 5.30 pm, and Sunday 10.30 am to 4.30 pm (individual store hours vary).
The Mill Gate Shopping is situated in the centre of Bury between Angouleme Way and Haymarket Street. It boasts a large multi-storey car park (use the postcode BL9 0PN to find it with a satellite navigation system). Parking charges are reasonable. Reduced all-day rates apply on Sundays and bank holidays.
The centre is easy to reach by public transport. Bury Interchange (comprising Bury Metrolink Station and Bury Bus Station) lies at its western end. Bury Bolton Street Train Station (on the East Lancashire Railway) can be reached on foot in just a few minutes.
Map showing location of Mill Gate Shopping Centre.
Mill Gate Shopping Centre
Address and postcode
Mill Gate Shopping Centre