The Mill Gate Shopping Centre is a large shopping centre in Bury. It covers an area of over 400,000 square feet; a substantial proportion of the town centre.
There are around 120 shops at Mill Gate. Large stores and high street names here include Boots, New Look, HMV, WHSmith, Peacocks, and TJ Hughes.
Many of the other stores are local businesses.
List of Shops
Shops and places to eat and drink at the Mill Gate Shopping Centre are:
- 3 Store – Mobile phones, SIMs, tablets etc.
- Althams travel
- Anytime Fitness – 24-hour gym.
- Bap cafe
- Beauty Brow bar
- Beauty Spot Warehouse – Hair extensions and beauty products.
- Bella Boutique – Womenswear.
- Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary – Charity shop.
- Bodycare – Health and beauty products.
- Bonmarche – Ladieswear.
- Boots – Healthcare products and services.
- Boots Opticians – Opticians.
- Brides of Bury
- British Heart Foundation – Charity store.
- Bury Electronics – Electrical repairs (computers, laptops, mobile phones etc.), video games and consoles.
- Bury Hospice
- Bury News
- Card Factory – Greeting cards, wrapping, gifts, and party products.
- Cardzone – Cards and gifts.
- Cats Protection
- CEX – Buy, sell, or exchange technology and entertainment products (phones, games, DVDs etc.).
- Chatleys Menswear
- Chicken Cottage
- Claire’s – Fashion accessories.
- Clintons – Cards, gifts, wrapping etc.
- Coffee Creations – Cafe.
- Coral bookmakers
- Costa – Coffee shop.
- David Spruce – Footwear.
- Desire Salon – Manicures, pedicures, waxing etc.
- EE – Mobile phones, tablets etc.
- Essanbee Jewelers
- Exchange Utility – Energy consultants.
- Eyes 'n' Brows
- F Hinds
- Fork It – Hot dogs.
- Greggs – Bakery.
- Habiknit – Sewing and craft supplies.
- Handbag heaven
- Heron Foods – Frozen foods and groceries.
- HMV – Music, DVDs, games, books, gifts etc.
- Holland & Barrett – Vitamins, minerals, herbal supplements etc.
- Home Bargains – Discount store.
- H Samuels
- IQ PHARMACY
- Jack Fultons
- Kenji – Homeware, kitchenware, stationery, fashion accessories etc.
- Loofes Menswear
- Made In Bury
- Max Spielmann – Photo printing, passport photos, photo gifts, photo restoration etc.
- Mays Jewelers
- McDonald’s – Fast food.
- Minoti – Childrenswear.
- Miss X – Fashion.
- Mr. Simms
- New Look – Fashion.
- News Corner
- News Rack – Newsagents.
- NM Money ( formerly Eurochange )
- O2 – Mobile phones.
- Occasions – Fashion.
- Oxfam – Charity store.
- P2 – Jewellery and watches.
- PDSA – Charity store.
- Peacocks – Fashion.
- Perfect Fit By Carol
- Pizza Pioneer – Pizzeria.
- Poundbakery – Pies, pasties, sandwiches etc.
- Poundland – Discount store.
- Poundstretcher – Discount store.
- Princess Nails
- Quick Crepes – Coffee, crepes, waffles, desserts etc.
- Roman – Womenswear.
- RSPCA – Charity shop.
- Saks – Hair and beauty salon.
- Sally’s Hair & Beauty
- Santander – Bank.
- Savers – Health, beauty, and home products.
- Scoota Mart
- Shoe HQ – Footwear.
- Shoe Zone – Footwear.
- Sky – TV and broadband.
- Specsavers – Opticians.
- Strawberry Garden – Greengrocers.
- The Barbers corner
- The Bodyshop
- The Coffee House
- The Football College
- The Fragrance shop
- The Makeup Store
- The Works – Books, stationery, toys and games, craft supplies etc.
- Thirsty Fish
- Time for Bed
- Timepiece watches
- Tim Hortons – Cafe and bake shop.
- Timpson – Shoe repairs, signs, engraving, watch straps, key cutting etc.
- TJ Hughes – Homewares, electrical goods, technology, beauty, fashion, and more.
- Top Gift
- Urban Menswear
- VIP – Vaping store.
- Vodafone – Mobile phones.
- Warren James – Jewellery.
- Waterstones – Books.
- WHSmith – Books, magazines, stationery etc.
- Yate & Suddells
- You Know Who's
- Yours Clothing
- Yours Photographics
Listings were last updated on .
Facilities include public toilets, baby changing areas, and cash machines.
The centre is open every day of the week.
The Mill Gate Shopping is situated in the centre of Bury between Angouleme Way and Haymarket Street. It boasts a large multi-storey car park (use the postcode BL9 0PN to find it with a satellite navigation system). Parking charges are reasonable. Reduced all-day rates apply on Sundays and bank holidays.
The centre is easy to reach by public transport. Bury Interchange (comprising Bury Metrolink Station and Bury Bus Station) lies at its western end. Bury Bolton Street Train Station (on the East Lancashire Railway) can be reached on foot in just a few minutes.
Map showing location of Mill Gate Shopping Centre.
Mill Gate Shopping Centre
Address and postcode
Mill Gate Shopping Centre