The Rock is a shopping centre in Bury. It opened in July 2010 and offers a good choice of stores, numerous restaurants, a bowling alley, and a multiplex cinema.
Unlike many shopping centres in North West England, The Rock is uncovered and has been developed around historical street layouts.
The shopping centre is anchored by Debenhams and M&S. Other large stores include Primark and JD.
List of Shops
Shops at the The Rock are:
- Acacia Style - Womenswear.
- Accessorize – Women’s fashion accessories (bags and purses, jewellery, scarves, gloves, socks, tights etc.).
- Alice Ada Bridal
- Barclays – Bank.
- Belvoir Sales & Lettings
- Build-A-Bear Workshop – Create a personalised furry friend.
- Burton – Menswear.
- Bury Foot Clinic
- Card Factory – Greeting cards, wrapping, gifts, and party products.
- Clarks – Footwear.
- Debenhams – Department store.
- Deichmann – Footwear for men, women, and children.
- Dorothy Perkins – Womenswear.
- FoneTech – Mobile phones, phone repairs, iPad repairs etc.
- Footasylum – Trainers, streetwear and sportswear.
- Foot Locker – Trainers and sportswear.
- Game – Video games, consoles, and accessories.
- H&M – Fashion.
- Holland & Barrett – Vitamins, minerals, herbal supplements etc.
- Hotter – Footwear.
- Infinities – Designer menswear.
- JD – Sportswear and trainers.
- Lush – Natural hair and beauty products.
- M&S – Department store.
- Nationwide Building Society
- Next – Fashion.
- Oasis – Women’s fashion.
- Pandora – Jewellery.
- Peter Jackson – Jewellery.
- Primark – Discount fashion store.
- River Island – Fashion.
- Select – Fashion.
- Smiggle – Colourful stationery from Australia.
- Soul Footwear
- Superdrug – Healthcare, beauty, and cosmetic products.
- Superdry – Fashion.
- Swarovski – Crystal jewellery, accessories and decorative items.
- The Entertainer – Toys and games.
- The Perfume Shop – Fragrances.
- Thomas Cook – Travel agent.
- Toni&Guy – Hair salon.
- Topman – Menswear.
- Topshop – Womenswear.
- Trespass – Outdoor clothing, camping equipment etc.
- Vision Express – Opticians.
- Waves – Car wash.
Listings were last updated on .
Shops that were once at The Rock but have now closed include Hurley (branded fashion), Peacocks, Duffer (menswear), TV and Video Direct (electricals), Phones 4u, and Bank (fashion).
Places to Eat & Drink
The Rock offers plenty of restaurants and places to eat and drink.
- Bake & TAKE – Coffee and sandwich bar.
- Barista – Cafe bar.
- Burger King – Fast food restaurant.
- Costa – Coffeehouse.
- Debenhams Cafe
- Frankie & Benny’s – American-Italian.
- Greggs – Bakery.
- Hollywood Bowl
- M&S Cafe
- Millie’s Cookies – Cookies, muffins, coffee etc.
- Nando’s – Peri-peri chicken.
- Pizza Express – Pizzeria.
- Racconto Lounge
- The Chinese Buffet – All-you-can-eat Chinese cuisine.
- West Ivy
The Flaming Dragon has closed. It was replaced by The Chinese Buffet (opened December 2014).
The Vue Cinema at The Rock offers 10 screens.
The Hollywood Bowl offers 24 computerised lanes, entertainment centre, and diner. It’s open 7 days a week from 11 am (10 am weekends) till late.
Standard store opening times are 9 am to 7 pm (except on Thursdays, 9 am to 8 pm, Saturdays 9 am to 6 pm, and Sundays, 10.30 am to 4.30 pm). Individual store opening times may vary.
Location & Directions
The Rock is located at the north eastern end of Bury town centre.
Visitors arriving by car should leave the M66 at Junction 2 and follow the A58 into Bury town centre. This route leads directly to the multi-story car park entrance. Satellite navigation owners should use the postcode BL9 0JY.
Parking is free after 6 pm and only £1 on Sundays. Rates at other times are fairly reasonable.
There’s a car wash on Level 3 of The Rock car park.
Bus & Tram
The Rock was designed to complement Bury’s existing retail developments. The Mill Gate Shopping Centre and Bury Market lie immediately southwest. The Angouleme Retail Park and Halls Mill Retail Park are located to the south, while Woodfields Retail Park and Moorgate Retail Park are to the north.
Map showing location of The Rock.
Address and postcode