This Metrolink Station serves the Castlefield, Deansgate, and Spinningfields areas of Manchester city centre.
Places of interest nearby include the Great Northern Warehouse, Manchester Central (formerly G-Mex), MOSI, and the Bridgewater Hall.
Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Station is an interchange station. It is served by the Altrincham to Bury Service (Monday to Saturday), the Altrincham to Piccadilly Service, the MediaCityUK to Etihad Campus Service (Monday to Saturday), the Ashton-under-Lyne to Eccles Service, the Manchester Airport to Victoria Service, and the East Didsbury to Rochdale Town Centre Service.
It is an elevated station located on Whitworth Street West above the Deansgate Locks, a canal-side development housing some of the Manchester’s most popular bars. A pedestrian bridge connects the Metrolink station directly to Deansgate Train Station and the National Rail network.
Like all Metrolink stops in Manchester city centre, Deansgate-Castlefield has no car park.
The station opened in 1992 as G-Mex Metrolink Station. It was renamed in 2007 when G-Mex rebranded as Manchester Central.
Facilities at Deansgate-Castlefield
Passenger facilities at Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink are summarised below.
|Lifts||Yes - at rail station|
|Step-free Access To Platforms||Yes|
|Number of Car Parking Spaces||0|
|Number of Cycle Lockers||0|
|Number of Cycle Stands||0|
|Manned Ticket Office||No|
Facility information last updated on Wednesday 1st of January 2020.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Station include:
- Comedy Store Manchester (0.0 miles) - Comedy club at Deansgate Locks.
- Deansgate Locks (0.0 miles) - Home to the Comedy Store and several bars and restaurants
- Hacienda (0.1 miles) - Legendary nightclub owned by Factory Records (now apartments)
- Great Northern (0.2 miles) - Entertainment and retail complex with cinema, bowling centre, casino, restaurants, and shops.
- Bridgewater Hall (0.2 miles) - Modern, international concert venue.
- MOSI – Museum of Science and Industry (0.2 miles) - The city's largest museum
- Opera House Manchester (0.3 miles) - Theatre in Manchester hosting West End shows and musicals.
Cinemas near Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Station include:
- Odeon Manchester Great Northern (0.2 miles) - 16-screen cinema at the Great Northern complex.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Station include:
- Don Marco (0.1 miles)
- Dimitri's (0.1 miles)
- Platzki (0.1 miles) - Modern Polish restaurant in the Great Northern Building. Menu changes frequently. Close to Manchester Central and the Bridgewater Hall.
- Evuna Deansgate (0.1 miles)
- Indian Tiffin Room (0.1 miles)
- James Martin (0.2 miles)
- Almost Famous (0.2 miles)
- Dukes 92 (0.2 miles)
- Rump N Ribs (0.2 miles)
- Albert's Shed (0.2 miles)
- Adam Reid at The French (0.3 miles)
- Albert's Schloss (0.3 miles)
- Revolucion de Cuba (0.3 miles)
- Sapporo Teppanyaki (0.3 miles)
- Asha's (0.3 miles)
- Manahatta (0.3 miles) - New York inspired restaurant and bar on Deansgate. Great interior. Close to Manchester Opera House and Odeon Manchester.
- The Wharf (0.3 miles)
Hotels near Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Station include:
- Innside by Melia Manchester (0.2 miles)
- The Oxnoble (0.2 miles)
- The Edwardian Manchester, A Radisson Collection Hotel (0.2 miles)
Map showing location of Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Station.
Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Station
Whitworth Street West