This Metrolink stop serves the Castlefield, Deansgate, and Spinningfields areas of Manchester city centre.
Places of interest nearby include the Great Northern Warehouse, Manchester Central (formerly G-Mex), MOSI, and the Bridgewater Hall.
Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Tram Stop is an interchange stop. It is served by the Altrincham - Bury Service (Monday to Saturday daytime), the Altrincham - Piccadilly Service, the Ashton-under-Lyne - MediaCityUK Service (Monday to Saturday daytime), the Ashton-under-Lyne - Eccles Service, the Manchester Airport - Victoria Service, the East Didsbury - Rochdale Town Centre Service, the East Didsbury - Shaw and Crompton Service (Monday to Saturday daytime), and the Manchester Airport - Deansgate-Castlefield Service (early mornings).
It is an elevated stop and is located on Whitworth Street West above the Deansgate Locks, a canal-side development housing some of the Manchester’s most popular bars. A pedestrian bridge connects the Metrolink station directly to Deansgate Train Station and the National Rail network.
Like all Metrolink stops in Manchester city centre, Deansgate-Castlefield has no car park.
The station opened in 1992 as G-Mex Metrolink Station. It was renamed in 2007 when G-Mex rebranded as Manchester Central.
Facilities at Deansgate-Castlefield
Passenger facilities at Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink are summarised below.
|Lifts||Yes - at rail station|
|Step-free Access To Platforms||Yes|
|Number of Car Parking Spaces||0|
|Number of Cycle Lockers||0|
|Number of Cycle Stands||0|
|Manned Ticket Office||No|
Facility information last updated on Wednesday 1st of July 2020.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Tram Stop include:
- Comedy Store Manchester (0.0 miles) - Comedy club at Deansgate Locks.
- Deansgate Locks (0.0 miles) - Home to the Comedy Store and several bars and restaurants
- Hacienda (0.1 miles) - Legendary nightclub owned by Factory Records (now apartments)
- Great Northern (0.2 miles) - Entertainment and retail complex with cinema, bowling centre, casino, restaurants, and shops.
- Bridgewater Hall (0.2 miles) - Modern, international concert venue.
- MOSI – Museum of Science and Industry (0.2 miles) - The city's largest museum
- Opera House Manchester (0.3 miles) - Theatre in Manchester hosting West End shows and musicals.
Cinemas near Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Tram Stop include:
- Odeon Manchester Great Northern (0.2 miles) - 16-screen cinema at the Great Northern complex.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Tram Stop include:
- Don Marco (0.1 miles)
- Dimitri's (0.1 miles)
- Platzki (0.1 miles) - Modern Polish restaurant in the Great Northern Building. Menu changes frequently. Close to Manchester Central and the Bridgewater Hall.
- Evuna Deansgate (0.1 miles)
- Indian Tiffin Room (0.1 miles)
- James Martin (0.2 miles)
- Almost Famous (0.2 miles)
- Dukes 92 (0.2 miles)
- Rump N Ribs (0.2 miles)
- Albert's Shed (0.2 miles)
- Adam Reid at The French (0.3 miles)
- Albert's Schloss (0.3 miles)
- Revolucion de Cuba (0.3 miles)
- Sapporo Teppanyaki (0.3 miles)
- Asha's (0.3 miles)
- Manahatta (0.3 miles) - New York inspired restaurant and bar on Deansgate. Great interior. Close to Manchester Opera House and Odeon Manchester.
- The Wharf (0.3 miles)
Hotels near Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Tram Stop include:
- Innside by Melia Manchester (0.2 miles)
- The Oxnoble (0.2 miles)
- The Edwardian Manchester, A Radisson Collection Hotel (0.2 miles)
Map showing location of Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Tram Stop.
Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Tram Stop
Whitworth Street West