This Metrolink station is situated in the Old Trafford area of Stretford. It is popular with sports fans travelling to matches at Manchester United’s Old Trafford football stadium and the Old Trafford cricket ground.
Old Trafford Metrolink Station is served by the Altrincham to Bury Service (Monday to Saturday) and the Altrincham to Piccadilly Service. The journey time from Manchester city centre (e.g. Piccadilly, Deansgate-Castlefield) is about ten minutes.
Facilities at the station include ticket machines and cycle lockers. There is no Metrolink park-and-ride car park here (the nearest is at Stretford).
The station is located on Brian Stratham Way (a section of Warwick Road renamed after the famous Lancashire cricket play). It’s right next to the cricket ground. Manchester United’s ground is a little further but can be reached on foot in under ten minutes. Simply exit the station and walk up Warwick Road.
Facilities at Old Trafford
Passenger facilities at Old Trafford Metrolink are summarised below.
|Step-free Access To Platforms||Yes|
|Number of Car Parking Spaces||0|
|Number of Cycle Lockers||5|
|Number of Cycle Stands||0|
|Manned Ticket Office||No|
Facility information last updated on Tuesday 1st of October 2019.
Places to shop near Old Trafford Metrolink Station include:
- White City Retail Park (0.4 miles) - Retail park in Trafford. Stores include Currys PC World, Halfords, Sofalogy, and Furniture Village.
- Castlemore Retail Park (0.4 miles) - Retail park in Trafford. Stores include DFS, Harveys, and Bensons for Beds.
Hotels near Old Trafford Metrolink Station include:
- Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford (0.1 miles)
- Chesters Hotel Old Trafford (0.4 miles)
- Hotel Foothball (0.4 miles)
Map showing location of Old Trafford Metrolink Station.
Old Trafford Metrolink Station
Address and postcode