The Grand Theatre is one of Blackpool’s premier live entertainment venues. It hosts a busy programme of events including musicals, comedy shows, drama, classical concerts, and pantomimes.
It opened in 1894 and was designed by renowned Victorian theatre architect Frank Matcham. More than 1,000 theatregoers can be accommodated over four levels (Stalls – Ground Floor, Dress Circle – First Floor, Upper Circle – Second Floor, and Gallery – Third Floor).
Blackpool Grand Theatre enjoys a prime town centre location, close to the Winter Gardens and Blackpool Tower. Car parks nearby include the Blackpool Council’s West Street Car Park and the car park at the Houndshill Shopping Centre.
The closest train station is Blackpool North. The theatre is just short walk from the seafront and the Blackpool Tramway stop at Blackpool Tower.
There’s no restaurant at the theatre but there’s a licenced bar on each level. There are plenty of pubs, bars, and restaurants in the immediate area.
Events - What's On - Blackpool Grand Theatre
A selection of upcoming shows and events at Blackpool Grand Theatre are listed below. Tickets can be purchased here.
|Tuesday 6th October 2020 7:30 pm||Bring It On: the Musical|
|Wednesday 7th October 2020 2:00 pm||Bring It On: the Musical|
|Wednesday 7th October 2020 7:30 pm||Bring It On: the Musical|
|Thursday 8th October 2020 7:30 pm||Bring It On: the Musical|
|Friday 9th October 2020 7:30 pm||Bring It On: the Musical|
|Saturday 10th October 2020 2:00 pm||Bring It On: the Musical|
|Saturday 10th October 2020 7:30 pm||Bring It On: the Musical|
|Thursday 15th October 2020 7:30 pm||Frank Skinner - Showbiz|
|Friday 16th October 2020 7:30 pm||Tim Vine is Plastic Elvis|
|Monday 11th January 2021 8:00 pm||Ed Byrne: If I'm Honest...|
|Sunday 28th February 2021 7:30 pm||Jason Manford - Like Me|
|Saturday 10th April 2021 7:30 pm||Julian Clary - Born To Mince|
More events may be listed on the official Blackpool Grand Theatre website (see the information section at the end of this page).
Tourist attractions and things to do near Blackpool Grand Theatre include:
- Empress Ballroom (0.1 miles) - Venue at the Winter Gardens complex in Blackpool
- Blackpool Opera House (0.1 miles) - The largest theatre in England
- Blackpool Tower (0.1 miles) - The north west's answer to Paris
- Comedy Carpet (0.1 miles) - Fantastic piece of public art on Blackpool Promenade.
- North Pier (0.2 miles) - The first and most traditional of the town's piers
- Sea Life (0.3 miles) - One of the largest collections of marine life in the UK
- Golden Mile (0.4 miles) - Strech of the Promenade lined with amusement arcades
- Madame Tussauds Blackpool (0.4 miles) - Attraction with lifelike wax figures
- Central Pier (0.4 miles) - Get a great view of the town from the Big Wheel
Places to shop near Blackpool Grand Theatre include:
- Houndshill Shopping Centre (0.1 miles) - Shopping centre near Blackpool Tower
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Blackpool Grand Theatre include:
- Blackpool North Train Station (0.4 miles) - The busiest train station in Blackpool.
Map showing location of Blackpool Grand Theatre.
Blackpool Grand Theatre
Address and postcode
33 Church Street