This large aquarium features 2 floors of interactive displays. Exhibits include:
- Amazing Amphibians – Viviariums housing toads, tree and dart frogs, and other amphibians
- Lake Malawi – A replication of typical habitats found at Lake Malawi, Africa’s third largest lake and home to the largest number of fish species of any lake in the world
- Freshwater Rivers & Streams – Freshwater fish from Britain and the northern hemisphere (pike, carp, perch, bream etc.)
- Amazon – Tropical river exhibit features piranha, redtail catfish, and more
- The Swamp – Creatures of the mangrove swamp including crabs, terrapin, and shark catfish
- Aquatunnel – 70m long underwater viewing tunnel allowing close inspection of sharks and tropical fish
Facilities include a gift shop, restaurant, dive shop, toilets and baby-changing areas, dive shop, and free car park.
The Blue Planet Aquarium is located in Ellesmere Port, off Junction 10 of the M53 motorway and next to Cheshire Oaks. For opening times, news, and admission prices visit the official website.
Map showing location of Blue Planet Aquarium.
Blue Planet Aquarium
Address and postcode