Ambleside’s tiny Bridge House is one of the most photographed attractions in the Lake District.
Straddling Stock Ghyll, a stream running though the centre of Ambleside, it was built in the 17th century as an apple store for Ambleside Hall.
The 2-roomed, slate-roofed house is now an extremely cramped National Trust information centre and shop.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Bridge House include:
- Armitt Museum (0.2 miles) - Explores the history of Ambleside
- Stock Ghyll Force (0.3 miles) - Picturesque waterfall
Hotels near Bridge House include:
- Ambleside Salutation Hotel (0.1 miles)
- The Ambleside Inn (0.1 miles)
- Innkeeper's Lodge Ambleside (0.1 miles)
- Regent Hotel By The Lake (0.8 miles)
- Wateredge Inn (0.8 miles)
- The Waterhead Hotel (0.9 miles)
Map showing location of Bridge House.
Address and postcode