The Bridgewater Hall is a world-class international concert venue in Manchester city centre. It hosts a busy programme of events including concerts by its three resident orchestras; the Halle, BBC Philharmonic and Manchester Camerata.
The impressive structure cost over £40 million to build. Clever building techniques were utilised to ensure it remains acoustically insulated from the noise of the nearby Metrolink and train lines and the chaos of Deansgate Locks. The entire building actually floats above the ground on around 300 giant steel springs. It was the first concert hall constructed using this method.
The venue has a seating capacity of 2,400. Facilities include a restaurant, café bar, and gift shop. Guided tours are available.
The hall is situated on Lower Mosley Street in Manchester city centre (postcode M2 3WS), opposite the Manchester Central convention centre (formerly GMEX). Car parks within easy walking distance include the NCP Manchester Central (M2 3GX), NCP Great Northern Warehouse 1 (postcode M3 4EE), and NCP Great Northern Warehouse 2 (postcode M3 4EE).
The closest Metrolink station is Deansgate-Castlefield (St Peter’s Square is also nearby). Manchester Oxford Road and Deansgate train stations are within easy walking distance. Visitors arriving at Manchester Victoria or Manchester Piccadilly can catch the free Metroshuttle bus to the Bridgewater Hall.
Events - What's On - Bridgewater Hall
A selection of upcoming shows and events at Bridgewater Hall are listed below. Tickets can be purchased here.
|Tuesday 27th October 2020 7:30 pm||Nathaniel Rateliff|
|Monday 2nd November 2020 7:00 pm||Katie Melua|
|Friday 20th November 2020 7:00 pm||An Evening with the Hairy Bikers|
|Sunday 22nd November 2020 7:00 pm||Debbie Harry and Chris Stein In Conversation|
|Monday 1st February 2021 7:00 pm||A Question of Sport Live|
|Sunday 7th February 2021 3:00 pm||The Music of Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and Beyond|
|Saturday 20th March 2021 7:30 pm||Karen Hauer & Gorka Marquez - FIREDANCE|
|Saturday 27th March 2021 7:30 pm||Spectacular Classics|
|Wednesday 7th April 2021 5:30 pm||Kidz Bop World Tour|
|Friday 9th April 2021 7:00 pm||Fisherman's Friends - Unlocked & Unleashed|
|Sunday 18th April 2021 7:30 pm||Burn the Floor - Kevin Clifton|
|Monday 19th April 2021 7:30 pm||Remembering The Oscars|
|Monday 26th April 2021 7:30 pm||Van Der Graaf Generator|
|Tuesday 27th April 2021 7:00 pm||Jamie Cullum|
|Friday 30th April 2021 7:30 pm||Whitney Queen of the Night|
|Sunday 2nd May 2021 7:30 pm||Joe Satriani|
|Monday 3rd May 2021 7:00 pm||The Robert Cray Band|
|Friday 7th May 2021 7:30 pm||Marc Almond|
|Sunday 9th May 2021 3:00 pm||Star Wars and Beyond|
|Sunday 16th May 2021 8:00 pm||Yes|
|Monday 17th May 2021 7:00 pm||The Shires|
|Tuesday 18th May 2021 7:00 pm||Sophie Ellis-Bextor|
|Saturday 22nd May 2021 3:00 pm||Karl Jenkins|
|Monday 24th May 2021 7:00 pm||Texas - 30th Anniversary of Southside|
|Friday 11th June 2021 7:00 pm||DR John Cooper Clarke|
|Monday 14th June 2021 7:30 pm||Ladysmith Black Mambazo|
|Friday 18th June 2021 7:45 pm||In Conversation with The Sopranos|
|Monday 21st June 2021 7:30 pm||George Benson|
|Monday 28th June 2021 7:00 pm||Seven Things I Ve Learned: an Evening with Ira Glass|
|Tuesday 29th June 2021 7:30 pm||Brian Wilson - Good Vibrations - Greatest Hits Tour|
|Tuesday 6th July 2021 7:30 pm||Here Come The Boys|
|Sunday 1st August 2021 8:00 pm||George Thorogood & The Destroyers|
|Sunday 5th September 2021 7:30 pm||Blade Runner Performed Live To Picture By 11-Piece Musical Ensemble|
|Thursday 9th September 2021 7:30 pm||What's Love Got To Do With It?|
|Thursday 16th September 2021 7:00 pm||Billy Ocean|
|Sunday 19th September 2021 7:00 pm||Kim Wilde|
|Tuesday 21st September 2021 7:00 pm||Paloma Faith|
|Wednesday 22nd September 2021 7:00 pm||Paloma Faith|
|Wednesday 6th October 2021 7:30 pm||Uriah Heep - 50th Anniversary - Lockdown To Rockdown|
|Thursday 7th October 2021 6:30 pm||Michael Bolton: Love Songs Greatest Hits Tour|
|Sunday 10th October 2021 7:00 pm||Rufus Wainwright - Unfollow the Rules Tour|
|Monday 11th October 2021 7:45 pm||Cliff Richard: the Great 80 Tour|
|Friday 22nd October 2021 7:00 pm||Dionne Warwick - One Last Time Tour|
|Monday 25th October 2021 7:00 pm||Level 42|
|Monday 1st November 2021 7:30 pm||Joker Live In Concert - the Film with Live Orchestra|
|Thursday 18th November 2021 7:00 pm||Marillion - The Light At The End Of The Tunnel|
|Tuesday 23rd November 2021 7:30 pm||Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Live in Concert|
|Wednesday 24th November 2021 7:30 pm||Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Live In Concert|
|Friday 26th November 2021 7:30 pm||Russell Watson - 20th Anniversary of The Voice|
|Friday 3rd December 2021 7:00 pm||Katherine Jenkins|
|Friday 10th December 2021 6:30 pm||The Bootleg Beatles|
|Tuesday 14th December 2021 7:00 pm||Il Divo|
|Wednesday 15th December 2021 7:30 pm||Rick Wakeman - The Even Grumpier Old Christmas Show|
|Sunday 20th February 2022 3:00 pm||Anton & Erin - Show Time|
More events may be listed on the official Bridgewater Hall website (see the information section at the end of this page).
Tourist attractions and things to do near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Hacienda (0.1 miles) - Legendary nightclub owned by Factory Records (now apartments)
- Deansgate Locks (0.2 miles) - Home to the Comedy Store and several bars and restaurants
- Great Northern (0.2 miles) - Entertainment and retail complex with cinema, bowling centre, casino, restaurants, and shops.
- Comedy Store Manchester (0.2 miles) - Comedy club at Deansgate Locks.
- Palace Theatre Manchester (0.2 miles) - One of the most popular theatres outside London.
- Manchester Art Gallery (0.3 miles) - Features numerous collections and galleries
- Opera House Manchester (0.3 miles) - Theatre in Manchester hosting West End shows and musicals.
- MOSI – Museum of Science and Industry (0.4 miles) - The city's largest museum
- Royal Exchange Theatre (0.5 miles) - Home of Manchester’s leading theatre company.
Cinemas near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Odeon Manchester Great Northern (0.2 miles) - 16-screen cinema at the Great Northern complex.
Places to shop near Bridgewater Hall include:
- The Avenue (0.3 miles) - Shopping centre in Spinningfields
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Adam Reid at The French (0.1 miles)
- Don Giovanni (0.1 miles)
- James Martin (0.2 miles)
- Tutle Bay (0.2 miles)
- Gorilla (0.2 miles)
- Indian Tiffin Room (0.2 miles)
- Giorgio (0.2 miles)
- Platzki (0.2 miles) - Modern Polish restaurant in the Great Northern Building. Menu changes frequently. Close to Manchester Central and the Bridgewater Hall.
- Almost Famous (0.2 miles)
- Asha's (0.2 miles)
- Evuna Deansgate (0.2 miles)
- Albert's Schloss (0.2 miles)
- Dimitri's (0.2 miles)
- The Refuge (0.2 miles)
- Don Marco (0.2 miles)
- Revolucion de Cuba (0.2 miles)
- Rajdoot Tandoori (0.2 miles)
- Sangam (0.2 miles)
- Tampopo (0.2 miles) - Pan-Asian restaurant offering dishes from Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Japan, and more.
- Red's True Barbeque (0.2 miles)
- The Albert Square Shop House (0.2 miles)
- Manahatta (0.3 miles) - New York inspired restaurant and bar on Deansgate. Great interior. Close to Manchester Opera House and Odeon Manchester.
- Hawksmoor (0.3 miles)
- Try Thai (0.3 miles)
- Gusto (0.3 miles)
- Rozafa (0.3 miles)
- Veeno (0.3 miles)
- Piccolino (0.3 miles)
- Teppanyaki Chinatown (0.3 miles)
- One Plus (0.3 miles) - Multi-level Chinese restaurant near the Palace Theatre. Offers Chinese hot pots, noodles and rice, and Chinese BBQ.
- Croma (0.3 miles)
- 20 Stories (0.3 miles)
- The Ivy Spinningfields (0.4 miles)
- Little Yang Sing (0.4 miles)
- Australasia (0.4 miles)
- Rump N Ribs (0.4 miles)
- Arnero (0.4 miles) - Small Indian restaurant in the Gay Village. Modern, colourful interior. Situated on the lower floor of the NCP Manchester Bloom Street Car Park.
- The Alchemist (0.4 miles)
- Thaikhun (0.4 miles)
- Fazenda (0.4 miles) - Brazilian steakhouse at Spinningfields. Skewers of meat are brought to your table. Close to the John Rylands Library, Manchester Opera House, Great Northern, and the People’s History Museum.
- La Bandera (0.4 miles) - Family-run Spanish tapas restaurant in Manchester city centre. Bright, modern decor.
- Iberica (0.4 miles)
- La Vina (0.4 miles)
- Dukes 92 (0.4 miles)
- El Gato Negro (0.4 miles)
- Miller & Carter (0.4 miles)
- Bill's (0.4 miles)
- Albert's Shed (0.4 miles)
- Mr Thomas's Chop House (0.4 miles)
- The Rice Bowl (0.4 miles)
- Grand Pacific (0.4 miles)
- Tattu (0.4 miles)
- Sapporo Teppanyaki (0.4 miles)
- The Oast House (0.4 miles)
- Moose Coffee (0.4 miles)
- The Alchemist (0.4 miles)
- Bem Brasil (0.4 miles)
- The Grill on New York Street (0.4 miles)
- San Carlo Cicchetti (0.4 miles)
- Restaurant MCR (0.4 miles) - Fabulous high-end British restaurant at Spinningfields. Tasting menus.
- Browns (0.4 miles)
- Thai Kitchen No. 6 (0.4 miles) - Authentic Thai restaurant in Manchester city centre. Close to the Royal Exchange Theatre.
- Sam's Chop House (0.4 miles)
- Chaophraya (0.4 miles)
- Wah Ji Wah (0.5 miles) - Upmarket Indian restaurant in Manchester city centre. Contemporary interior.
- The Wharf (0.5 miles)
- Bella Italia (0.5 miles)
- Velvet (0.5 miles)
- Gaucho (0.5 miles)
- Annies (0.5 miles)
- Cote Brasserie (0.5 miles)
- Las Iguanas (0.5 miles)
- TGI Fridays (0.5 miles)
Hotels near Bridgewater Hall include:
- The Edwardian Manchester, A Radisson Collection Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Innside by Melia Manchester (0.2 miles)
- Novotel Manchester Centre (0.2 miles)
- Princess St. Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre (0.3 miles)
- The Townhouse Manchester (0.3 miles)
- The Oxnoble (0.3 miles)
- Le Ville Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Hotel Gotham (0.4 miles)
- Great John Street Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Manchester Hall (0.4 miles)
- Castlefield Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Motel One Manchester-Royal Exchange (0.5 miles)
- Stock Exchange Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Pendulum Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Velvet Hotel (0.5 miles)
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Piccadilly Gardens Bus Station (0.5 miles) - Bus station in the Piccadilly area of Manchester.
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Manchester Oxford Road Train Station (0.2 miles) - Train station on Oxford Road. Close to the Palace Theatre.
- Deansgate Train Station (0.2 miles) - Train station near Manchester Central.
Nearby Metrolink Stations
Metrolink stations near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Tram Stop (0.2 miles) - Interchange stop in Manchester city centre.
- St Peter’s Square Metrolink Tram Stop (0.2 miles) - Metrolink stop on St Peter's Square in Manchester city centre.
- Piccadilly Gardens Metrolink Tram Stop (0.5 miles) - Metrolink stop in Manchester city centre.
Map showing location of Bridgewater Hall.
Address and postcode
Lower Mosley Street