The Bridgewater Hall is a world-class international concert venue in Manchester city centre. It hosts a busy programme of events including concerts by its three resident orchestras; the Halle, BBC Philharmonic and Manchester Camerata.
The impressive structure cost over £40 million to build. Clever building techniques were utilised to ensure it remains acoustically insulated from the noise of the nearby Metrolink and train lines and the chaos of Deansgate Locks. The entire building actually floats above the ground on around 300 giant steel springs. It was the first concert hall constructed using this method.
The venue has a seating capacity of 2,400. Facilities include a restaurant, café bar, and gift shop. Guided tours are available.
The hall is situated on Lower Mosley Street in Manchester city centre (postcode M2 3WS), opposite the Manchester Central convention centre (formerly GMEX). Car parks within easy walking distance include the NCP Manchester Central (M2 3GX), NCP Great Northern Warehouse 1 (postcode M3 4EE), and NCP Great Northern Warehouse 2 (postcode M3 4EE).
The closest Metrolink station is Deansgate-Castlefield (St Peter’s Square is also nearby). Manchester Oxford Road and Deansgate train stations are within easy walking distance. Visitors arriving at Manchester Victoria or Manchester Piccadilly can catch the free Metroshuttle bus to the Bridgewater Hall.
Events - What's On - Bridgewater Hall
A selection of upcoming shows and events at Bridgewater Hall are listed below. Tickets can be purchased here.
|Wednesday 31st July 2019 7:30 pm||Trevor Horn|
|Saturday 7th September 2019 2:00 pm||Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (TM), In Concert|
|Saturday 7th September 2019 7:30 pm||Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (TM), In Concert|
|Monday 9th September 2019 7:00 pm||John Prine|
|Friday 13th September 2019 7:30 pm||Fastlove : A Tribute to George Michael|
|Monday 16th September 2019 7:00 pm||Ant Middleton - Mind Over Muscle|
|Friday 20th September 2019 7:00 pm||What's Love Got To Do With It?|
|Sunday 6th October 2019 7:00 pm||Fisherman's Friends|
|Saturday 12th October 2019 7:30 pm||Last Night of the Autumn Proms|
|Friday 18th October 2019 7:30 pm||The Music of Bond|
|Saturday 19th October 2019 7:00 pm||Charles Esten|
|Monday 4th November 2019 7:00 pm||Marillion with Friends From the Orchestra Live In 2019|
|Monday 11th November 2019 7:00 pm||Shakespears Sister|
|Monday 11th November 2019 7:00 pm||Shakespears Sister - Official VIP Ticket Experiences|
|Tuesday 12th November 2019 7:00 pm||Imogen Heap|
|Saturday 16th November 2019 7:30 pm||Space Spectacular|
|Sunday 17th November 2019 3:00 pm||Now That's What I Call the 80s Live|
|Monday 18th November 2019 7:00 pm||Lighthouse Family|
|Tuesday 19th November 2019 7:00 pm||Jack Savoretti|
|Wednesday 20th November 2019 7:00 pm||Calexico and Iron & Wine|
|Tuesday 26th November 2019 7:00 pm||Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited 2019|
|Wednesday 27th November 2019 6:00 pm||Love Actually - Film with Live Orchestra|
|Sunday 1st December 2019 3:00 pm||Four Seasons By Candlelight|
|Sunday 8th December 2019 3:00 pm||Christmas with Russell Watson|
|Friday 13th December 2019 7:00 pm||The Bootleg Beatles|
|Tuesday 17th December 2019 7:30 pm||NOW That's What I Call Christmas Live|
|Wednesday 18th December 2019 7:30 pm||Christmas Spectacular|
|Tuesday 24th December 2019 3:00 pm||Christmas Carol Singalong|
|Thursday 26th December 2019 3:00 pm||Simply Sinatra|
|Friday 27th December 2019 7:30 pm||The Greatest Show Tunes|
|Saturday 28th December 2019 2:30 pm||The Johann Strauss Gala|
|Saturday 28th December 2019 7:30 pm||Zimmer vs Williams|
|Tuesday 31st December 2019 8:00 pm||New Year's Eve Gala|
|Sunday 5th January 2020 2:00 pm||Russian State Ballet of Siberia - Swan Lake|
|Sunday 5th January 2020 5:30 pm||Russian State Ballet of Siberia - Swan Lake|
|Monday 6th January 2020 7:30 pm||Russian State Ballet of Siberia - Swan Lake|
|Sunday 12th January 2020 3:00 pm||Glenn Miller Orchestra|
|Friday 7th February 2020 7:00 pm||Grease In Concert - The Film with Live Orchestra|
|Sunday 9th February 2020 3:00 pm||Anton and Erin Dance Those Magical Movies|
|Friday 14th February 2020 7:30 pm||Nathan Carter|
|Friday 28th February 2020 7:00 pm||Dick & Angel - Dare To Do It! Tour 2020|
|Wednesday 25th March 2020 7:00 pm||Jamie Cullum|
|Friday 27th March 2020 6:30 pm||Blade Runner: the Film with Live Orchestera|
|Sunday 17th May 2020 7:00 pm||Seven Things I Ve Learned: an Evening with Ira Glass|
More events may be listed on the official Bridgewater Hall website (see the information section at the end of this page).
Tourist attractions and things to do near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Hacienda (0.1 miles) - Legendary nightclub owned by Factory Records (now apartments)
- Deansgate Locks (0.2 miles) - Home to the Comedy Store and several bars and restaurants
- Great Northern (0.2 miles) - Entertainment and retail complex with cinema, bowling centre, casino, restaurants, and shops.
- Comedy Store Manchester (0.2 miles) - Comedy club at Deansgate Locks.
- Palace Theatre Manchester (0.2 miles) - One of the most popular theatres outside London.
- Manchester Art Gallery (0.3 miles) - Features numerous collections and galleries
- Opera House Manchester (0.3 miles) - Theatre in Manchester hosting West End shows and musicals.
- MOSI – Museum of Science and Industry (0.4 miles) - The city's largest museum
- Royal Exchange Theatre (0.5 miles) - Home of Manchester’s leading theatre company.
Cinemas near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Odeon Manchester Great Northern (0.2 miles) - 16-screen cinema at the Great Northern complex.
Places to shop near Bridgewater Hall include:
- The Avenue (0.3 miles) - Shopping centre in Spinningfields
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Gorilla (0.2 miles)
- Evuna Deansgate (0.2 miles)
- Albert's Schloss (0.2 miles)
- Don Marco (0.2 miles)
- Red's True Barbeque (0.2 miles)
- Try Thai (0.3 miles)
- Teppanyaki Chinatown (0.3 miles)
- Croma (0.3 miles)
- Australasia (0.4 miles)
- Rump N Ribs (0.4 miles)
- Fazenda (0.4 miles) - Brazilian steakhouse at Spinningfields. Skewers of meat are brought to your table. Close to the John Rylands Library, Manchester Opera House, Great Northern, and the People’s History Museum.
- La Vina (0.4 miles)
- Dukes 92 (0.4 miles)
- El Gato Negro (0.4 miles)
- Albert's Shed (0.4 miles)
- Mr Thomas's Chop House (0.4 miles)
- Grand Pacific (0.4 miles)
- Tattu (0.4 miles)
- Sapporo Teppanyaki (0.4 miles)
- The Alchemist (0.4 miles)
- Manchester House (0.4 miles)
- Sam's Chop House (0.4 miles)
- Chaophraya (0.4 miles)
- The Wharf (0.5 miles)
- Gaucho (0.5 miles)
- Annies (0.5 miles)
Hotels near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Jurys Inn Manchester City Centre (0.1 miles)
- Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester (0.2 miles)
- Novotel Manchester Centre (0.2 miles)
- The Principal Manchester (0.2 miles)
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre (0.3 miles)
- Roomzzz Manchester City (0.3 miles)
- Arora Hotel Manchester (0.3 miles)
- The Townhouse Manchester (0.3 miles)
- Hilton Manchester Deansgate (0.3 miles)
- New Union Hotel (0.3 miles)
- The Ox (0.3 miles)
- King Street Townhouse (0.3 miles)
- Le Ville Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Castlefield Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Great John Street Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Innside Manchester (0.4 miles)
- Hotel Gotham (0.4 miles)
- Pendulum Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Motel One Manchester-Royal Exchange (0.5 miles)
- Velvet (0.5 miles)
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Piccadilly Gardens Bus Station (0.5 miles) - Bus station in the Piccadilly area of Manchester.
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Manchester Oxford Road Train Station (0.2 miles) - Train station on Oxford Road. Close to the Palace Theatre.
- Deansgate Train Station (0.2 miles) - Train station near Manchester Central.
Nearby Metrolink Stations
Metrolink stations near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Station (0.2 miles) - Interchange station in Manchester city centre.
- St Peter’s Square Metrolink Station (0.2 miles) - Metrolink station on St Peter's Square in Manchester city centre.
- Piccadilly Gardens Metrolink Station (0.5 miles) - Metrolink station in Manchester city centre.
Map showing location of Bridgewater Hall.
Address and postcode
Lower Mosley Street