The Bridgewater Hall is a world-class international concert venue in Manchester city centre. It hosts a busy programme of events including concerts by its three resident orchestras; the Halle, BBC Philharmonic and Manchester Camerata.
The impressive structure cost over £40 million to build. Clever building techniques were utilised to ensure it remains acoustically insulated from the noise of the nearby Metrolink and train lines. The entire building actually floats above the ground on around 300 giant steel springs. It was the first concert hall constructed using this method.
The venue has a seating capacity of 2,341. A seating plan is available on the official website (see information box at the end of this page).
Facilities include a restaurant, café bar, and gift shop. Guided tours are available.
Barbirolli Square fronts the entrance to the building. It is named after Sir John Barbirolli, former conductor of the Halle. The plaza is home to the Ishinki Touchstone, an 18-tonne polished stone sculpture by Kan Yasuda.
Many hotels are located within easy walking distance (see the list at the end of this page for options).
There is also a good choice of restaurants and bars nearby (see list at the end of this page).
The closest car park is NCP Manchester Central. It is located under Manchester Central, directly opposite the Bridgewater Hall. The car park entrance is on Lower Mosley Street (postcode M2 3GX).
The NCP Manchester Bridgewater Hall Car Park is actually a little further away. It’s located on Little Peter Street (postcode M15 4PS).
Metrolink and Train Stations
Manchester Piccadilly Train Station is approximately ¾ mile away. A free bus service departs from outside the station entrance and stops near the Bridgewater Hall.
Trams also leave from Piccadilly Metrolink Tram Stop and go directly to St Peter’s Square and Deansgate-Castlefield.
A free bus service to the Bridgewater Hall also leaves from Manchester Victoria Train Station.
Events - What's On - Bridgewater Hall
A selection of upcoming shows and events at Bridgewater Hall are listed below. Tickets can be purchased here.
|Monday 21st June 2021 7:30 pm||George Benson|
|Monday 28th June 2021 7:00 pm||Seven Things I Ve Learned: an Evening with Ira Glass|
|Tuesday 29th June 2021 7:30 pm||Brian Wilson - Good Vibrations - Greatest Hits Tour|
|Tuesday 6th July 2021 7:30 pm||Here Come The Boys|
|Sunday 1st August 2021 8:00 pm||George Thorogood & The Destroyers|
|Sunday 5th September 2021 7:30 pm||Blade Runner Performed Live To Picture By 11-Piece Musical Ensemble|
|Wednesday 8th September 2021 7:30 pm||A Question of Sport Live|
|Thursday 9th September 2021 7:30 pm||What's Love Got To Do With It?|
|Sunday 12th September 2021 7:00 pm||Debbie Harry and Chris Stein In Conversation|
|Thursday 16th September 2021 7:00 pm||Billy Ocean|
|Monday 20th September 2021 7:00 pm||Del Amitri|
|Tuesday 21st September 2021 7:00 pm||Paloma Faith|
|Wednesday 22nd September 2021 7:00 pm||Paloma Faith|
|Sunday 3rd October 2021 3:00 pm||The Best of John Williams - Star Wars and Beyond|
|Thursday 7th October 2021 6:30 pm||Michael Bolton: Love Songs Greatest Hits Tour|
|Sunday 10th October 2021 7:00 pm||Rufus Wainwright - Unfollow the Rules Tour|
|Monday 11th October 2021 7:45 pm||Cliff Richard: the Great 80 Tour|
|Friday 22nd October 2021 7:00 pm||Amy Macdonald|
|Monday 25th October 2021 7:00 pm||Level 42|
|Friday 29th October 2021 7:00 pm||Jamie Cullum|
|Monday 1st November 2021 7:30 pm||Joker Live In Concert - the Film with Live Orchestra|
|Friday 12th November 2021 7:30 pm||The Music of Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and Beyond|
|Thursday 18th November 2021 7:00 pm||Marillion - The Light At The End Of The Tunnel|
|Tuesday 23rd November 2021 7:30 pm||Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Live in Concert|
|Wednesday 24th November 2021 7:30 pm||Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Live In Concert|
|Friday 26th November 2021 7:30 pm||Russell Watson - 20th Anniversary of The Voice|
|Sunday 28th November 2021 3:00 pm||Spectacular Classics|
|Monday 29th November 2021 7:30 pm||The Muppet Christmas Carol in Concert|
|Friday 3rd December 2021 7:00 pm||Katherine Jenkins|
|Friday 10th December 2021 6:30 pm||The Bootleg Beatles|
|Monday 13th December 2021 7:30 pm||Love Actually In Concert - the Film with Live Orchestra|
|Tuesday 14th December 2021 7:00 pm||Il Divo|
|Wednesday 15th December 2021 7:30 pm||Rick Wakeman - The Even Grumpier Old Christmas Show|
|Friday 4th February 2022 7:00 pm||Fisherman's Friends - Unlocked & Unleashed|
|Monday 14th February 2022 7:30 pm||Burn the Floor - Kevin Clifton|
|Sunday 20th February 2022 3:00 pm||Anton & Erin - Show Time|
|Tuesday 22nd February 2022 7:30 pm||Van Der Graaf Generator|
|Tuesday 8th March 2022 7:00 pm||Texas - 30th Anniversary of Southside|
|Friday 11th March 2022 7:30 pm||Karen Hauer & Gorka Marquez - FIREDANCE|
|Friday 25th March 2022 7:00 pm||Sophie Ellis-Bextor|
|Monday 28th March 2022 7:30 pm||10cc|
|Monday 4th April 2022 7:30 pm||Marc Almond|
|Wednesday 13th April 2022 7:00 pm||DR John Cooper Clarke|
|Saturday 16th April 2022 7:30 pm||Karl Jenkins|
|Sunday 17th April 2022 7:30 pm||Remembering The Oscars|
|Friday 22nd April 2022 7:30 pm||Whitney Queen of the Night|
|Tuesday 3rd May 2022 7:30 pm||Joe Satriani|
|Wednesday 4th May 2022 7:00 pm||The Robert Cray Band|
|Monday 16th May 2022 7:00 pm||The Shires|
|Friday 3rd June 2022 7:00 pm||Dionne Warwick - One Last Time Tour|
|Friday 17th June 2022 8:00 pm||Yes|
|Wednesday 14th September 2022 7:00 pm||Kim Wilde|
|Monday 3rd October 2022 7:30 pm||Uriah Heep - 50th Anniversary - Lockdown To Rockdown|
|Tuesday 25th October 2022 7:30 pm||Ladysmith Black Mambazo|
More events may be listed on the official Bridgewater Hall website (see the information section at the end of this page).
Tourist attractions and things to do near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Manchester Central (0.1 miles) - Manchester's major event and conference centre.
- Hacienda (0.1 miles) - Legendary nightclub owned by Factory Records (now apartments)
- HOME Manchester (0.1 miles) - Theatre, cinema and art gallery at First Street, Manchester.
- Deansgate Locks (0.2 miles) - Home to the Comedy Store and several bars and restaurants
- Great Northern (0.2 miles) - Entertainment and retail complex with cinema, casino, restaurants, and shops.
- Comedy Store Manchester (0.2 miles) - Comedy club at Deansgate Locks.
- Palace Theatre Manchester (0.2 miles) - One of the most popular theatres outside London.
- Manchester Art Gallery (0.3 miles) - Features numerous collections and galleries
- Opera House Manchester (0.3 miles) - Theatre in Manchester hosting West End shows and musicals.
- Manchester Science and Industry Museum (0.4 miles) - Museum exploring Manchester's industrial and scientific achievements.
- Mamucium – Roman Fort (0.4 miles) - Reconstruction of a Roman Fort in Castlefield, Manchester.
- Castlefield Bowl (0.4 miles) - Outdoor events venue in the Castlefield area of Manchester.
- Royal Exchange Theatre (0.5 miles) - Home of Manchester’s leading theatre company.
Cinemas near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Odeon Manchester Great Northern (0.2 miles) - 16-screen cinema at the Great Northern complex.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Adam Reid at The French (0.1 miles)
- Don Giovanni (0.1 miles)
- James Martin (0.2 miles)
- Tutle Bay (0.2 miles)
- Gorilla (0.2 miles)
- Indian Tiffin Room (0.2 miles)
- Giorgio (0.2 miles)
- Platzki (0.2 miles) - Modern Polish restaurant in the Great Northern Building. Menu changes frequently. Close to Manchester Central and the Bridgewater Hall.
- Almost Famous (0.2 miles)
- Asha's (0.2 miles)
- Evuna Deansgate (0.2 miles)
- Albert's Schloss (0.2 miles)
- Dimitri's (0.2 miles)
- The Refuge (0.2 miles)
- Don Marco (0.2 miles)
- Revolucion de Cuba (0.2 miles)
- Rajdoot Tandoori (0.2 miles)
- Sangam (0.2 miles)
- Tampopo (0.2 miles) - Pan-Asian restaurant offering dishes from Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Japan, and more.
- Red's True Barbeque (0.2 miles)
- The Albert Square Shop House (0.2 miles)
- Manahatta (0.3 miles) - New York inspired restaurant and bar on Deansgate. Great interior. Close to Manchester Opera House and Odeon Manchester.
- Hawksmoor (0.3 miles)
- Try Thai (0.3 miles)
- Gusto (0.3 miles)
- Rozafa (0.3 miles)
- Veeno (0.3 miles)
- Piccolino (0.3 miles)
- Teppanyaki Chinatown (0.3 miles)
- One Plus (0.3 miles) - Multi-level Chinese restaurant near the Palace Theatre. Offers Chinese hot pots, noodles and rice, and Chinese BBQ.
- Croma (0.3 miles)
- 20 Stories (0.3 miles)
- The Ivy Spinningfields (0.4 miles)
- Little Yang Sing (0.4 miles)
- Australasia (0.4 miles)
- Rump N Ribs (0.4 miles)
- Arnero (0.4 miles) - Small Indian restaurant in the Gay Village. Modern, colourful interior. Situated on the lower floor of the NCP Manchester Bloom Street Car Park.
- The Alchemist (0.4 miles)
- Thaikhun (0.4 miles)
- Fazenda (0.4 miles) - Brazilian steakhouse at Spinningfields. Skewers of meat are brought to your table. Close to the John Rylands Library, Manchester Opera House, Great Northern, and the People’s History Museum.
- La Bandera (0.4 miles) - Family-run Spanish tapas restaurant in Manchester city centre. Bright, modern decor.
- Iberica (0.4 miles)
- La Vina (0.4 miles)
- Dukes 92 (0.4 miles)
- El Gato Negro (0.4 miles)
- Miller & Carter (0.4 miles)
- Bill's (0.4 miles)
- Albert's Shed (0.4 miles)
- Mr Thomas's Chop House (0.4 miles)
- The Rice Bowl (0.4 miles)
- Grand Pacific (0.4 miles)
- Tattu (0.4 miles)
- Sapporo Teppanyaki (0.4 miles)
- The Oast House (0.4 miles)
- Moose Coffee (0.4 miles)
- The Alchemist (0.4 miles)
- Bem Brasil (0.4 miles)
- The Grill on New York Street (0.4 miles)
- San Carlo Cicchetti (0.4 miles)
- Restaurant MCR (0.4 miles) - Fabulous high-end British restaurant at Spinningfields. Tasting menus.
- Browns (0.4 miles)
- Thai Kitchen No. 6 (0.4 miles) - Authentic Thai restaurant in Manchester city centre. Close to the Royal Exchange Theatre.
- Sam's Chop House (0.4 miles)
- Chaophraya (0.4 miles)
- Wah Ji Wah (0.5 miles) - Upmarket Indian restaurant in Manchester city centre. Contemporary interior.
- The Wharf (0.5 miles)
- Bella Italia (0.5 miles)
- Velvet (0.5 miles)
- Gaucho (0.5 miles)
- Annies (0.5 miles)
- Cote Brasserie (0.5 miles)
- Las Iguanas (0.5 miles)
- TGI Fridays (0.5 miles)
Hotels near Bridgewater Hall include:
- The Edwardian Manchester, A Radisson Collection Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Innside by Melia Manchester (0.2 miles)
- Novotel Manchester Centre (0.2 miles)
- Princess St. Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre (0.3 miles)
- The Townhouse Manchester (0.3 miles)
- The Oxnoble (0.3 miles)
- Le Ville Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Hotel Gotham (0.4 miles)
- Great John Street Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Manchester Hall (0.4 miles)
- Castlefield Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Motel One Manchester-Royal Exchange (0.5 miles)
- Stock Exchange Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Pendulum Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Velvet Hotel (0.5 miles)
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Piccadilly Gardens Bus Station (0.5 miles) - Bus station in the Piccadilly area of Manchester.
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Manchester Oxford Road Train Station (0.2 miles) - Train station on Oxford Road. Close to the Palace Theatre.
- Deansgate Train Station (0.2 miles) - Train station near Manchester Central.
Nearby Metrolink Stations
Metrolink stations near Bridgewater Hall include:
- Deansgate-Castlefield Metrolink Tram Stop (0.2 miles) - Interchange stop in Manchester city centre.
- St Peter’s Square Metrolink Tram Stop (0.2 miles) - Metrolink stop on St Peter's Square in Manchester city centre.
- Piccadilly Gardens Metrolink Tram Stop (0.5 miles) - Metrolink stop in Manchester city centre.
Map showing location of Bridgewater Hall.
Address and postcode
Lower Mosley Street