One of Chester’s most distinguishing features is its Rows. These are galleried walkways that run the along the four streets that meet at the High Cross.
They are named after the traders who carried on their business there (Shoemakers’ Row, Ironmongers’ Row etc.). Today they house a variety of small shops, bars and restaurants.
Tourist attractions and things to do near The Rows include:
- Chester Cathedral (0.1 miles) - Historic cathedral dating back to 907 AD
- Eastgate Arch and Clock (0.1 miles) - One of Chester's most popular attractions
- The Nine Houses (0.2 miles) - Architectural gem
- Roman Garden (0.2 miles) - Great place to relax
- Grosvenor Museum (0.2 miles) - Explores Chester's history
- Grosvenor Park (0.4 miles) - Victorian-era park in Chester city centre.
- Grosvenor Park Miniature Railway (0.4 miles) - 7.25 inch gauge miniature railway
Places to shop near The Rows include:
- Grosvenor Shopping Centre (0.1 miles) - Shopping centre in the heart of Chester.
Hotels near The Rows include:
- The Commercial Bar & Hotel (0 miles)
- The Chester Grosvenor (0.1 miles)
- The Coach House Inn (0.1 miles)
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Crowne Plaza Chester (0.2 miles)
- Oddfellows Chester (0.2 miles)
- The Townhouse Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse (0.3 miles)
- Mill Hotel & Spa (0.4 miles)
- Hotel Indigo - Chester (0.4 miles)
Map showing location of The Rows.
Watergate Street, Northgate Street, Eastgate Street and Upper Bridge Street