With an array of attractions, including a cutting-edge cinema and an exciting adventure golf course, there is something here for everyone.
Restaurants and Places to Eat
At Coliseum Leisure Park, you will find various restaurants and eateries to satisfy any craving. Fancy some Latin American flavours? Check out Las Iguanas. In the mood for a British classic? Hungry Horse is the place to go. And if you have got a sweet tooth Haute Dolci has you covered.
As of June 2023, here is a list of places to eat:
- Five Guys: Known for its customisable burgers and hand-cut fries, this restaurant offers a classic American fast-food experience.
- Haute Dolci: A haven for dessert lovers, Haute Dolci serves up exquisite sweet treats.
- Chiquito: Tantalise your taste buds with Tex-Mex delights.
- Frankie & Benny’s: American and Italian classics for the whole family.
- Hungry Horse: A family-friendly pub serving hearty British meals and pub classics.
- Las Iguanas: Latin American cuisine that will transport you to Brazil, Mexico and beyond.
- Miller & Carter: Steakhouse.
- Nando’s: Famous for its Peri-Peri chicken, Nando’s offers a taste of Afro-Portuguese cuisine.
- Prezzo: Italian staples with a contemporary twist.
- Zizzi: Zizzi provides a contemporary take on Italian cuisine with a menu that includes hand-stretched pizzas, innovative pasta dishes, and more.
The Vue Cinema at Coliseum Leisure Park boasts 16 screens, including an IMAX screen. So whether you are into Hollywood hits, indie flicks or foreign films, you will find something to enjoy. With comfy seats and top-notch audiovisual tech, you are in for a treat. Plus, keep an eye out for special screenings and events.
For some friendly competition, Tenpin bowling alley is the place to be. With 24 state-of-the-art lanes, there is plenty of fun to be had. But that is not all. You will also find laser tag, arcade games, pool tables, karaoke rooms, an augmented-reality climbing wall and an escape room. And if you need a break, there is a licensed bar and cafe.
Paradise Island Adventure Golf
Paradise Island Adventure Golf provides a unique and exciting golfing experience. The indoor golf course features two 18-hole adventure golf courses, each with a distinct theme and interactive elements.
Freedome, the trampoline park at Coliseum Leisure Park, offers a unique and exhilarating way to stay active.
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks
The Travelodge Cheshire Oaks offers comfortable and affordable accommodation for those planning a longer stay. The hotel’s convenient location makes it an excellent base for exploring the many attractions in and around Ellesmere Port (Blue Planet Aquarium, Chester Zoo, National Waterways Museum etc.).
Getting to Coliseum Leisure Park
For those travelling by car, the park is easily accessible from the M53. Exit at Junction 10 and follow the signs for Cheshire Oaks. The park boasts a large car park. Parking is free for leisure park customers, but an enforcement scheme is in operation.
It’s easy to reach the park by public transport. Bus services include:
- Bus 1 runs from Liverpool (Sir Thomas Street) to Chester Train Station, calling at Birkenhead Bus Station, Bromborough, Ellesmere Port Bus Station, Cheshire Oaks, and Chester Bus Interchange.
- Bus 2 operates from Chester Bus Interchange to Runcorn via Ellesmere Port Bus Station and Cheshire Oaks.
- Bus 102 runs from Ellesmere Port Train Station to Cheshire Oaks.
The nearest railway station is Ellesmere Port Train Station. Visitors arriving here can take a taxi or bus 102.
Accessibility and Facilities at Coliseum Leisure Park
The park has a range of facilities to ensure convenience and ease of access.
Toilets and baby changing facilities are available within the individual restaurants and the cinema.
If you need cash, there is an ATM by Frankie & Benny’s.
In terms of accessibility, Coliseum Leisure Park has both disabled and parent-and-child car parking spaces.
Most attractions and restaurants are open every day of the week, from morning until late at night. For exact opening times, visit the official park website (see the information box at the end of this page.
Nearby Attractions and Activities
A host of other attractions and activities surround Coliseum Leisure Park.
The Blue Planet Aquarium is also nearby, allowing visitors to explore underwater worlds filled with exotic sea creatures.
The National Waterways Museum provides a fascinating insight into the history of Britain’s waterways. It’s around 2 miles from the park.
If you are an animal lover, Chester Zoo is a must-see. It is only 4 miles south of the park.