Barrow’s Dock Museum tells the story of how the town grew from a small fishing village to a major shipbuilding centre and home of the world’s largest steelworks in just a few decades.
Housed in a modern building built over and around an old drydock, the museum showcases various exhibits covering shipbuilding, the Furness Railway, life in Barrow during WWII, and iron mining.
Other facilities at the museum include a children’s adventure playground, gift shop, and coffee shop.
Parking and admission to the Dock Museum is free.
Places to shop near Dock Museum include:
- Hollywood Park (0.2 miles) - Retail and leisure park in Barrow.
- Cornerhouse Park (0.2 miles) - Retail park in Barrow.
- Cornmill Park (0.3 miles) - Retail park in Barrow. Stores here are B&Q and DW Sports.
- Hindpool Retail Park (0.5 miles) - Retail park in Barrow.
- Portland Walk (0.5 miles) - Shopping centre in Barrow-in-Furness.
Hotels near Dock Museum include:
- Holiday Inn Express - Barrow-in-Furness (0.5 miles)
- King Alfred Hotel (0.6 miles)
- West Point House (1 miles)
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Dock Museum include:
- Barrow-in-Furness Train Station (0.7 miles) -
Map showing location of Dock Museum.
Address and postcode