Between 1799 and 1808 Dove Cottage was the home of William Wordsworth and his family. Located on the outskirts of the village of Grasmere, it was here that he wrote much of the poetry that made him famous.
Next to the cottage is the Wordsworth Museum, which houses a unique collection of manuscripts, books and paintings related to Wordsworth.
The Wordsworth Trust administers both the cottage and museum.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Dove Cottage and the Wordsworth Museum include:
Hotels near Dove Cottage and the Wordsworth Museum include:
- The Daffodil Hotel (0.1 miles)
- The Wordsworth Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Tweedies Bar and Lodge (0.4 miles)
- The Inn at Grasmere (0.5 miles)
- Rothay Garden Hotel (0.6 miles)
- Macdonald Swan Hotel (0.8 miles)
metrolink transient does not exist,