Eastgate Arch is part of the city walls and crosses Eastgate, Chester’s main thoroughfare. It was built in 1897 to celebrate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. After Big Ben, it is the most photographed clock in the UK.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Eastgate Arch and Clock include:
- Chester Cathedral (0.1 miles) - Historic cathedral dating back to 907 AD
- The Rows (0.1 miles) - Historic shopping galleries
- The Nine Houses (0.2 miles) - Architectural gem
- Roman Garden (0.2 miles) - Great place to relax
- Grosvenor Park (0.3 miles) - Victorian-era park in Chester city centre.
- Grosvenor Museum (0.3 miles) - Explores Chester's history
- Grosvenor Park Miniature Railway (0.3 miles) - 7.25 inch gauge miniature railway
Places to shop near Eastgate Arch and Clock include:
- Grosvenor Shopping Centre (0.1 miles) - Shopping centre in the heart of Chester.
Hotels near Eastgate Arch and Clock include:
- The Chester Grosvenor (0 miles)
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel (0 miles)
- The Commercial Bar & Hotel (0.1 miles)
- The Coach House Inn (0.2 miles)
- Oddfellows Chester (0.2 miles)
- The Townhouse Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Crowne Plaza Chester (0.3 miles)
- Mill Hotel & Spa (0.3 miles)
- Hotel Indigo - Chester (0.3 miles)
- Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse (0.4 miles)
- Hallmark Inn Chester - Westminster Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Hallmark Hotel - The Queen, Chester (0.5 miles)
- Brookside Hotel (0.7 miles)
- Hamilton Court Hotel (0.9 miles)
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Eastgate Arch and Clock include:
- Chester Train Station (0.5 miles) - Station serving Chester.
Map showing location of Eastgate Arch and Clock.
Eastgate Arch and Clock
Address and postcode