Follow your nose to the Grasmere Gingerbread Shop and discover the most celebrated gingerbread on the planet. Tucked away in a corner of St. Oswald’s Church in Grasmere, this small shop has been serving up the legendary treats since the mid-19th century. Prior to this the building was the village schoolhouse, where Wordsworth once taught.
Tourist attractions and things to do near The Grasmere Gingerbread Shop include:
- Dove Cottage and the Wordsworth Museum (0.4 miles) - Former home of William Wordsworth
- Grasmere (Lake) (0.6 miles) - Lake near Grasmere village in Cumbria
Hotels near The Grasmere Gingerbread Shop include:
- The Wordsworth Hotel (0 miles)
- Tweedies Bar and Lodge (0.1 miles)
- The Inn at Grasmere (0.1 miles)
- Rothay Garden Hotel (0.4 miles)
- The Daffodil Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Macdonald Swan Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Lancrigg (0.8 miles)
Map showing location of The Grasmere Gingerbread Shop.
The Grasmere Gingerbread Shop
Address and postcode