The Great Northern is an entertainment, leisure and retail complex on Deansgate in Manchester city centre. It’s situated in a building that was once the goods warehouse for Manchester Central Train Station (now Manchester Central Convention Complex).
Entertainment options here are the Odeon, Manchester235, and Whistle Punks (axe throwing).
The Odeon Manchester Great Northern is one of only two multiplex cinemas in Manchester city centre (the other is the Vue at the Printworks). It offers 16 screens (including 3D theatres) and an amusement arcade.
Manchester235 is a Las Vegas style casino with gaming tables, slot machines and a poker lounge. The restaurant here features the modern British cuisine of celebrity chef James Martin (star of Saturday Kitchen), while the Vega Lounge is a glamourous venue offering live entertainment at the weekends.
Almost Famous is a burger joint catering to a hip young crowd.
The Gym Manchester Deansgate is also here and offers a great free weights section. Membership rates are reasonable and there are no long-term contracts.
Deansgate Terrace is a row of businesses on Deansgate, one of the main streets in Manchester. There’s a mixture of businesses here including estate agents, cafes, and shops.
The Great Northern Square is an open space with amphitheatre and seating.
All Star Lanes, a tenpin bowling centre, closed in 2020.
Restaurants, Shops and Venues
Restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues at Great Northern are listed below.
- A-Z Electronics
- Acai & The Tribe
- Alex’s Bakery – Baked goods, cakes, and sweets.
- Almost Famous – Burger restaurant and bar.
- Another Hand
- Ascend Properties – Estate agents.
- Bar Hutte
- Catch My Thrift
- Dormouse Chocolates – Bean to bar chocolate maker.
- Evuna – Spanish restaurant and tapas bar.
- Futon Company – Futons, sofa beds, storage solutions etc.
- Goodwin Fish – Estate agents.
- Hatty’s – Kebabs and fast food.
- Holy Grain – Sourdough bakery.
- Impossible – Bar, restaurant, and club.
- Italiana 55
- James Martin Manchester – Restaurant at Manchester235 Casino.
- Jordan Fishwick – Estate agents.
- Julie Twist Properties – Estate agents.
- Lane 7 Manchester
- Leaders – Estate Agents.
- Lions Den – Bar with live music, DJs etc.
- Little Northerners
- Low Four
- Mail Boxes Etc – Post and courier services, printing, mailboxes, and more.
- Malibu Beach Club
- Manchester235 Casino – Stylish casino.
- Noir Cuts and Coffee
- Odeon – Multiplex cinema.
- Ohla Tattoo
- Paradise Skate World
- Philip James Manchester – Estate agents.
- Platzki – Polish restaurant.
- Pong & Puck
- Reside Manchester – Estate agents.
- Siam Smiles – Thai cafe.
- Suki Suki Street Food & Bar
- Tanning Lounge – Sunbeds.
- The Book Nook
- The Life Centre – Yoga classes.
- The Mews Bar and Charcuterie
- Whistle Punks – Axe throwing.
Listings were last updated on .
Getting There – Metrolink, Trains, Parking
The nearest train station is Deansgate.
Manchester Piccadilly Train Station is around 1 mile away. A free bus service departs from outside the station entrance and stops on Deansgate, near the Great Northern.
The NCP Great Northern Warehouse Car Park is located within the building. It is secure and open 24 hours. The car park entrance is on Watson Street (postcode M3 4EE).