The Liverpool Empire Theatre is one of the city’s major entertainment venues. It offers a packed programme of all types of performances, including musicals, comedy shows, concerts, operas, and pantomime.
With more than 2,300 seats it is the biggest two-tier theatre in the United Kingdom. Since opening in 1925 it has hosted some of the most famous names in show business. Acts appearing here have included Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Julie Andrews, and The Beatles.
The theatre is situated on Lime Street in Liverpool city centre (postcode L1 1JE), opposite St George’s Hall and the Walker Art Gallery. Liverpool Lime Street train station is right next to the theatre. Liverpool Central is also nearby.
Places to park within easy walking distance include the car park at the St Johns Shopping Centre and the NCP Liverpool Moorfields multi-storey.
The theatre is owned and managed by the Ambassador Theatre Group. Their other venues in North West England are the Southport Theatre and Convention Centre, Opera House Manchester, and Palace Theatre Manchester.
Events - What's On - Liverpool Empire Theatre
A selection of upcoming shows and events at Liverpool Empire Theatre are listed below. Tickets can be purchased here.
|Thursday 14th May 2020 8:00 pm||Ross Noble: Humournoid|
|Sunday 14th June 2020 7:00 pm||Roger Hodgson|
|Sunday 5th July 2020 7:30 pm||Here Come The Boys|
|Sunday 18th October 2020 7:30 pm||Frank Skinner - Showbiz|
|Sunday 29th November 2020 6:30 pm||The Australian Pink Floyd|
|Sunday 7th February 2021 7:30 pm||Queen Extravaganza|
|Sunday 18th April 2021 5:00 pm||Kidz Bop World Tour|
More events may be listed on the official Liverpool Empire Theatre website (see the information section at the end of this page).
Tourist attractions and things to do near Liverpool Empire Theatre include:
- O2 Academy Liverpool (0.1 miles) - Live music venue in Liverpool city centre.
- Walker Art Gallery (0.1 miles) - The 'National Gallery of the North'
Cinemas near Liverpool Empire Theatre include:
- Odeon Liverpool ONE (0.5 miles) - 18-screen cinema at Liverpool ONE.
Places to shop near Liverpool Empire Theatre include:
- Liverpool ONE (0.6 miles) - Shopping and leisure development in Liverpool city centre.
Hotels near Liverpool Empire Theatre include:
- The Liner at Liverpool (0.1 miles)
- Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre (0.2 miles)
- Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre (0.2 miles)
- The Vines (The Big House) (0.2 miles)
- Central Station Hotel Liverpool (0.3 miles)
- Brownlows Inn (0.3 miles)
- Print Works Hotel (0.3 miles)
- The Sir Thomas Hotel (0.3 miles)
- The Richmond Apart-Hotel (0.3 miles)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Liverpool (0.4 miles)
- Hanover Hotel & McCartney's Bar (0.4 miles)
- 3 Rodney Street (0.4 miles)
- Seel Street Hotel by EPIC (0.5 miles)
- Hallmark Inn Liverpool (0.5 miles)
- Hard Days Night Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Novotel Liverpool Centre (0.5 miles)
- The Z Hotel Liverpool (0.5 miles)
- Aloft Liverpool By Marriott (0.5 miles)
- The Works Apartments Liverpool (0.5 miles)
- Lock and Key (0.5 miles)
- PodZzz@Parr Street (0.5 miles)
- Parr Street Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Tune Hotel Liverpool (0.5 miles)
- Cocoon @ International Inn (0.5 miles)
- 62 Castle St - Exclusive Hotel (0.6 miles)
- Heywood House Hotel (0.6 miles)
- Hotel 46 (0.6 miles)
- Innkeeper's Collection, All Bar One, Liverpool City Centre (0.6 miles)
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Liverpool Empire Theatre include:
Map showing location of Liverpool Empire Theatre.
Liverpool Empire Theatre
Address and postcode