This entertainment complex is a legacy of the 1972 Preston Guild celebrations. It is home to two major venues; the Guild Hall and the Charter Theatre. Together they host a varied programme of events including concerts, musicals, comedy shows, pantomimes and children’s shows, and plays.
Bookings can be made by calling the booking office on 01772 804444. Tickets can also be purchased online at the official website or from Ticketmaster.
Seating Plans and Capacity
The Guild Hall has a capacity of 2,034 while the Charter Theatre boasts 780 seats on two levels. Detailed seating plans are available on the official website.
Location and Parking
The complex is situated on Lancaster Road in Preston city centre (postcode PR1 1HT). Nearby paid car parking is available on the car park above Preston Bus Station, directly linked to the venue.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Preston Guild Hall and Charter Theatre include:
- Harris Museum and Art Gallery (0.1 miles) - The largest gallery space in Lancashire.
- Avenham Park (0.5 miles) - Beautiful park in Preston city centre.
Places to shop near Preston Guild Hall and Charter Theatre include:
- St George’s Shopping Centre (0.2 miles) - The biggest shopping centre in Preston.
- Fishergate Shopping Centre (0.4 miles) - Stores include Argos, TK Maxx, Debenhams, and Primark.
Hotels near Preston Guild Hall and Charter Theatre include:
- Holiday Inn Preston (0.2 miles)
- No.10 Preston (0.3 miles)
- Winckley Square Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Legacy Preston International Hotel (0.5 miles)
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Preston Guild Hall and Charter Theatre include:
- Preston Bus Station (0.1 miles) - One of the most controversial buildings in North West England.
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Preston Guild Hall and Charter Theatre include:
- Preston Train Station (0.5 miles) - Train station in Preston city centre.
Map showing location of Preston Guild Hall and Charter Theatre.
Preston Guild Hall and Charter Theatre
Address and postcode