This state-of-the-art entertainment complex is housed in what was formerly the largest printing facility in Europe.
Located in Manchester city centre, the Printworks is a huge Gotham City-type structure that is home to a number of bars, restaurants, a multiplex cinema, and a gym.
The Vue cinema is one of the main draws at the Printworks. It boasts 23 screens, including a giant IMAX screen.
Entertainment, Bars and Restaurants
Entertainment, bar and restaurant options at The Printworks are:
- Bierkeller - Bavarian themed eating and drinking complex with several venues. The Shooters Sports Bar offers numerous large HD screens and shows a variety of live sporting events including football boxing, UFC, Formula One, and NFL games. It also features pool tables and a gaming area. The Bierkeller itself serves draft and bottled German beers. Patrons sit at long wooden tables and are entertained by a live Oompah band.
- Escape Reality
- Frankie & Benny’s – New York style Italian restaurant and bar. Opened February 2016.
- Hard Rock Cafe - Rock and roll themed restaurant and bar known for its extensive collection of music memorabilia. Live music at the weekends.
- Nando’s – Restaurant specialising in Portuguese peri-peri chicken.
- Nuffield Health Manchester Printworks Fitness & Wellbeing Gym – Gym with free weights area, studios, classes, swimming pool, sauna, and steam room.
- O’Neills – Irish pub.
- Peachy Keens – All-you-can-eat buffet offering dishes from all over the world. Features live cooking stations. Set prices (more expensive in the evenings and weekends).
- The Seven Stars - Wetherspoon’s bar. Offers an all-day food menu.
- Tiger Tiger - Huge venue with four floors and eight themed bars/rooms.
- Treetop Adventure Golf
- Wagamama – Pan-Asian, canteen-style restaurant with open kitchen.
- Walkabout – Australian-themed bar. Live sports. Opened December 2015.
- Wasabi – Affordable sushi and noodle bar with great offers at lunchtime on weekdays.
- Waxy O’Connor’s – Unique venue with three bars and numerous nooks and crannies, spread over four levels and linked together by a network of stairways, passages and a 250 year-old beech tree.
- Yates – Bar offering all-day food menu and 2-for-1 drinks deals. Live sports. Opened April 2016.
Listings were last updated on .
Businesses that were based here but have now closed include Norwegian Blue (now Yates), Papa G’s, Cafe Rouge (now Busaba), Henry J Beans, Old Orleans (now Harvester), Yum Yum, and Entourage.
The Printworks is open seven days a week, but each business based here has its own opening times. For details visit the official Printworks website (see information box below).
The Printworks is situated on Withy Grove (postcode M4 2BS) in Manchester’s Central Retail District.
There are several NCP car parks near the Printworks. The closest is the NCP Manchester Printworks (multi-storey, 777 spaces, postcode M4 2AF). The NCP Manchester Arndale (multi-storey, 1383 spaces, postcode M4 1AZ) is also within walking distance.
Other places of interest near the Printworks include the National Football Museum, Manchester Arndale, the Corn Exchange, Manchester Cathedral, Chetham’s School of Music, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, the Manchester Arena, and the Royal Exchange Theatre. All can be reached on foot in just a few minutes.
Map showing location of The Printworks.
Address and postcode
27 Withy Grove