Rivington Hall Barn is a Grade II listed building in Rivington. The original date of construction is unclear but it could have been as early as the ninth century. It is built using an oak cruck frame with a slate roof.
Bolton soap magnate William Hesketh Lever (Lord Leverhulme) purchased the Rivington Hall estate in 1900 and subsequently restored both Rivington Hall Barn and Great House Barn.
In 1953 it was purchased by the Salmon family. Under their ownership the ‘Higher Barn’ has become one of the most popular wedding venues in North West England. It also hosts themed parties, monthly antique fairs, and other events. Homemade lunches are served every Sunday.
Rivington Hall Barn is situated off Rivington Lane (postcode BL6 7SB). The driveway is opposite its sister property, the Great House Barn. Parking is free.
The barn is surrounded by beautiful countryside and a network of paths. Popular walks starting here include the walk to Rivington Pike (via Rivington Terraced Gardens) and the walk to Liverpool Castle and Lower Rivington Reservoir.
Map showing location of Rivington Hall Barn.
Rivington Hall Barn
Address and postcode